How'd it go today?

Tom and the boys dropped me off some real nice white oak logs before I went to work.A pair of 15 footers around 30 inch.The first one off the stump is the nicest one I've seen in years.Tight growth rings,straight as a cue stick,almost no taper.That one is going to get quarter sawn.

Pruned more oak trees yesterday. 6 Coastal live oaks.
Worked by myself as the guys were on another job. Dump decision as it was a steep hill and I had to do the clean up myself. 87 degrees and no shade.
Had a good week money wise

Changed the injector pump on the tractor yesterday. 3 hours standing in the rain. Of course it had to go out in the middle of the field. O well....

I spent the day doing some plumbing on my house...I'm backed up with work,and of course this is when my sewer line decides to get stopped up...Not fun...Not fun at all!!!!

I had a great day and never looked at a chainsaw. Since getting a very nice piece of artwork last week and getting it back from the framer yesterday, I realized that my living room walls look like crap. It's been 7 years since I painted and the old ceiling fan just didn't blend with the rest of the room. So today I put two coats of paint on the living room walls, bought and installed a new fan that mounts flush to the ceiling and compliments the style of the room, and I purchased some track lighting to illuminate the nice new picture. My electrician neighbor will install the lighting with a dimmer switch sometime soon in exchange for some tree trimming.

My camera is in the work truck with a dead battery, I'll get pictures soon.

Oh, on a work related note I looked at a job today and it is a monster live oak that needs demossing. I'll be doing the job next Tuesday and I'll definitely be taking pictures. The owner has an old property deed/ survey thing from 1890 and it shows the tree on that, it has been estimated to be about 175 years old. :D

Another day, another dollar into the money pit. :roll:

I had to replace the wiper motor today. I couldn't remove the arms from 22 years of rust, so I ended up making a tool to do it. Basically, I made my own "pickle fork" like is used to separate ball joints on vehicles.

dscf0036gd4.jpg

Also, the retaining clip(that holds both wiper arms onto the arm coming from the motor) got destroyed in the process, so I replaced it with a couple of $0.25 e-clips from the hardware store.

Got a 'in' the other day and was introduced to the head landscaper/groundsperson at our fanciest local golf course (Predator Ridge). Today looked at a couple of pruning jobs, faxed her my quotes and was immediately called and told to proceed! This is cool for me a good in, the place is loaded with pine that is mostly all gonna die. This place is for the rich and super rich real fancy. I was gonna get a pic of my pick-up infront of the clubhouse but the valets were giving me the look :what: . I took a few pics while I was there but my wife has stolen back the camera to take pics of her clients with. :thumbup:

I had my first 4 bid day in a month. The first one was in a new subdivision and the customer had two 12' tall trees and some little shrubs. The next two were enormous silver maples and the last was some siberian elms in an empty lot. I sold cheap as I have little or no work. Deals for everyone!

Go Squisher! I did some work for our local country club a couple of months ago. Ours isn't super rich of course, no valets. The work I did for them paid pretty good. Hope yours works out. OM, I give deals when I am short of work also.

Ours isn't super rich of course, no valets.

To keep it in perspective I live within 30 minutes of this place, but had never been there before today. I've made a good impression I'm sure but I don't think I'll be playing any rounds or buying a 'vacation home' there anytime soon.

Justin... I can imagine it. Heck, I had to work a golf tournament a few weeks back for school. Just imagine parking the truck below between a Benz and a Beamer.... fully loaded; ripped vinyl bench seat, cb antennae, treesaver strap and ratchet strap holding the tailgate on, primer, rust, dents... pure farm truck.

I come back and the Benz is gone, and the Beamer is 4 spaces down parked next to a Lincoln. :lol:

Back