How'd it go today?

Major mess there Burnam... They are worried about flooding here also. With the snow pack we have.. too much warm rain can really mess things up ....
Really lucky no one got hurt..

Lessee .... Killed gray pines all day. Have four more days scheduled for that over the next couple months. I am tuckered. :P
Made firewood yesterday from all the tree cutting we did at a property over the summer and moved the doods wood to his wood rack by the house (moved and stacked two split cords; cut, split and stacked two more cord). My back is tad sore...
Been working in cold damp fog all week and I am getting tired of aching joints.
I know I know.. biatch biatch ... moan moan.. Good thing I can have a warming fire even though no burn days :/:
:D
More clearing to do on an insurance job tomorrow... Probably no burning though... :/: Probably... :/:
See how big the "warming fire" gets if the fog gets thick... I am about fed up with rearranging my schedule :P

Thanks, Paul. I'll sure try. Got some additional pics from a co-worker this morning...I was just too busy during the first throes of the event to take any, plus it was still raining hard.

These are from Monday morning. Mine were from Tuesday mid-day.

Up-loader is not working for me this morning...I'll try later.

Ahhh, the .jpegs are too large...I'll have to re-size.

Downhill. :lol::lol:

All the snow here just melted and since we don't really have much in the way of "downhill" we have major flooding.
Not anything like Burnham's pictures, just water in every low place.
In a flat country like this, it takes forever for the water to disappear.

Trimmed a Magnolia of a roof today got home to a call and Email for a position I had applied for at this place http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Plantation,_Florida
The managment co that does all the grounds is starting a tree service division they want me comes with full benefits 401k and a profit sharing program. Start next week with an new crew equip etc. Hate the thought of working for someone else after 7 yrs self employed but the benies and no stress doing the countless hrs of things a owner operator has to do to keep busy. Told them from the get go that I would not work for a hack company so sign on for a week and see how it goes. I'm liking the fact that it is much like a condo association or much more of a urban enviroment than my town.
Only guaranteed 30hrs so it should allow me to still maintain my current client base.

Just an update I will not be taking the position, due to the communication aspect in the managment. Read= total lack of!

Yesterday I received the last of the money from my wreck Thanksgiving week, payment for the trailer and reimbursement for the towing. I paid off my last "substantial" credit card on the way home from depositing the checks 8). I haven't used a credit card in a year this month, and in that time I've reduced my former debt by $34k.:rockon: I say former as I financed the four wheeler I bought on the 8th but I consider that "good" debt. This past July I paid $547 dollars in interest alone.:hammer:

I have another $6.4k to pay off before the bike is my highest interest item. I hope to pay off the bike before summer, got a fair amount of junk to sell in addition to far less encumbrance from debt.

:dancin::big-jump::dancin::big-jump:

Thanks. :D

The 14th of Feb marks 3 years I've been tracking my debt. I might start a thread assuming it's a joyus occasion. I still used credit cards until last January; I didn't get serious about paying it off until August, which is when I set the goal to pay off $10k by 2011. The reward for doing that was the bike. So far this month I'm just shy of paying off as much as I did in 2010, thanks to the wreck and my numeraphillia.

I started tracking my net worth about 10 years ago. I eventually refined it to where I take a monthly snapshot and record my balances on everything on the first of every month. The last time I was debt free (except for my house) was Sept. 2004. As a reward to myself I bought my current F150 in October, then the following year I bought my first bucket truck. Since then I have grown my savings to exceed my credit balances but I have never actually had everything paid off again.

Took the day off to watch the kiddos. Shitty weather made it impossible for the in-laws to get here and my wife worked the night shift. I did do some work from home and figured out last weeks nor'easta cost the City just shy of 60k in contract work. I rolled my ankle on Sunday so taking it easy today was just what the Dr. ordered.

And Joel, not a good reason to not take a job. Management will pay good money for the right person who can bridge that gap......

Took the day off to watch the kiddos. Shitty weather made it impossible for the in-laws to get here and my wife worked the night shift. I did do some work from home and figured out last weeks nor'easta cost the City just shy of 60k in contract work. I rolled my ankle on Sunday so taking it easy today was just what the Dr. ordered.

And Joel, not a good reason to not take a job. Management will pay good money for the right person who can bridge that gap......

My understanding also! but when management keeps you in the dark involving the work order at the same job site where had you known you were removing one right next to the one you were deadwooding.... well that to me seems like need to know info. This makes the third management mistake the first two I brushed off as its still trial they dint wish to give to much info. Boss/management was not receptive to me questioning why would you not have told me this other was going? I explained I was already in the tree where I would have set blocks, left a tie in point, Not had to piece the limb that got removed so as not to beat up the surroundings. He wants someone who will just do the job not someone who will question things for safety and efficiency.

That's sweet Carl, debt surely sucks. I can't believe the interest you were paying, holy moly! That's a loan on a nice machine in itself! I gotta kick the dirt bike loan then I'm in the clear. I hate that lingering over my head so I assume I'll kiss it goodbye in spring.

Woke up earlyish and headed to the house. Did a first cote (that word looks weird) of paint on some of the basement walls. I left the stove burning currently and brought a fan to move the air around. After the basements done I think I'm gutting all the middle floor drywall and ceilings. There is going to be to much patch work when I'm done framing, and to be able to re-insulate would be nice. I'm considering a Pine tongue and groove ceiling throughout the middle floor.

I hear what you're sayin'. 8+ years working for a municipality has given me a different outlook on things. I will gladly do, then re-do, then do-over, then do-again if it keeps the powers that be happy and keeps the paycheck comin';)

Well i just signed up for the Ohio ISA tree care conferance in febuary, im going to go up with my pops. Should be a good time they have different workshops. I picked the one with stihls climber, its 2 days, about 7 hours of classes. Its mainly about climbing and riging in the tree. Should be a good time!

Here is a link to the schedule

http://www.ohiochapterisa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=RbtFztn/JUU=&tabid=36

You could put a coat of paint on your dove cote. I sometime type out words that look totally foreign to me, and then I look them up in the dictionary and they still look wrong. And I'm not talking about words like triskaidekaphobia either. Must be some sort of occasional brain malfunction. Yeah, that's what I'm going with.:/:

Back