How'd it go today?

When I left the house this morning, I had a 3 hour climbing job and that was all I had for the entire week. Got a call at lunchtime from my best client Dave, went out to do a quick job. It turned into a removal and then we had another big removal down the street so I worked until after 6pm.

A big two day job came in today, something I looked at 2 weeks ago for one of my real estate investor clients. About 20 removals behind a big commercial building so they can put in a parking lot. I'll be on that tomorrow and Wednesday. I have two more 'maybes' for Friday and Saturday. Work is finally picking up. The nature of my particular situation means I don't ever have more than a couple days backlogged, but it's nice to see my regular clients getting a bit more work coming in.

Me too, Butch. I always enjoy having another good treeman watching me work, it keeps me on my toes. I also enjoy being able to watch a good climber at work. Besides the forums, it's one of the few ways I can learn new stuff.

The Tree Guy took our new camera to work today to get some shots so we thought we would share.

This has been a big job. Lots of red tape and negotiating with the city because the sites are located on a ravine. It's 3 neighbours who were all concerned about their trees after the big windstorms we had here this winter.

Don't worry, the p/u is NOT our chip truck. It's sure useful for tight spaces though.

772261497206_0_ALB.jpg

324471497206_0_ALB.jpg

893881497206_0_ALB.jpg

628971497206_0_ALB.jpg

practice those attachments Natalie ;) red exes here unfortunately.
hey, did treeguy follow up the removals on that report I did up in maple ridge? hopefully you got the work out of it.

Hmmm..........I can see them. Anyone else having problems?

Yes, he did. I guess they're having their next meeting in June to discuss it so I know he made arrangements with the contact there.

Thanks!

Natalie

Thanks! Okay, I know there's a post somewhere on how to post pics. I'm off to find it.

Nat, just upload them from your computer, linking from another site sometimes makes for weirdness.
:)
thanks Rocky!

Thanks Paul. I didn't know I could just do that. So much easier.

Great pic's Natalie. Nothing wrong with that pick-up, except it's a dodge :P . Big wet looking trees, somedays I almost miss the coast, almost.

Easy job today, six smallish Scots Pines to deadwood and lift off the road and driveway. It was meant as a half day job but since I didn't have anything else we used it as a rookie climber training day.

Tomorrow is a big silver maple trim with no cleanup. No clean ups are a little anti-climactic now that I have a chipper.

:lol: I love the no clean-up jobs and not just cause I have an old CnD, but mostly for the look on the homeowners face when they realize what they've gotten themselves into.:lol:

I finished a take down of a modesto ash about 24" dbh in a small back yard with a fence on one side that you could push over with your hand. Had one close call when a branch came swinging around and brushed against the roof of the house but didn't do anything but make noise. The homeowner came outside "are you guys alright?", I'm thinking to myself "that was lucky".

heh didn't you recently offer to sell that to me in chat :? . Glad I never bought your quad :lol: .

Seriously man that sucks, rebuild or replace?

Back