Page 5531 of 5544 FirstFirst ... 45315031543154815521552955305531553255335541 ... LastLast
Results 55,301 to 55,310 of 55431

Thread: How'd it go today?

I went hack style the other day myself, had the job wrapped up, climbing gear packed away and client says you know that other limb ( we assumed he would be leaving it out) well I cant afford $200 that you quoted so i says fine I'll do it for $100, it was a combo of power pruner,low heights free climbing and a ladder based collar cut. Ended up putting a ding in the fence but you get what you pay for.

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

Yep.
    Someone got what they didn't pay for today.
    The owner of the forest that I take care of asked me if we'd take his brother's son up a large ( For Denmark!) Doug fir as part of a polterabend/ Bachelor party thing.
    Normally I don't do that, but seeing who saked, I agreed on the condition that the guy was stone cold sober.

So we set up a lowerable system, with a safety line in the top of the tree.
    I went up with him and my former apprentice, Rune, who is getting into professinal drone use, filmed the whole thing.
    Worked really well. The guy was apprehensive, but not scared at all, had a blast, in fact.
    Kinda ruins the thing if they start pissing their pants and crying for their mom half way up.

I told them we didn't want any money for doing it ( Jerry B. once told me that he never took money for taking people climbing, because then you can't say no, and I stick with that), but they had made us a nice picnick basket full of fine french cheeses and different cold cuts of meat.
    They live up north of Copenhagen where the rich people hang out, and they sure have a different level of cheese store up there than what I'm used to.
    Yum

That is the ,about to get married guy up high, me lower down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DJI_0228.JPG  
    Deyr f,
    deyja frndr,
    deyr sjlfr et sama;
    ek veit einn,
    at aldri deyr:
    dmr um dauan hvern.

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

I'd take someone up a tree for good cheese, a piece big enough to last some weeks.
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

Took down a big white oak yesterday. I thought this piece would have been heavier. It was only 7. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017081195095629.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	80714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG952942.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	80715

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Day two, storm damage emergency response course with the SES, floods and wind damage, sandbagging, roof repairs and tree work, includes work at heights...guess who gets to teach them to tie knots and put their harnesses on the right way around!
    Never knew there was such an art to sandbagging though
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Default Have A Seat, Pete!

errrr, I mean Page!

I've been planning on making a mobile pizza oven for about a year now, bought a trailer for it over the winter, an have been looking at, head scratching since.

Well, I finally got the oven base made up today! 2 inches of perlite concrete for insulation, anchor bolts into the plate steel deck.

Butch, how do I post pictures from my phone here?
    -Sean

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Nice pick Page
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

Yesterday was a good day. Loaded up 4, 23' larch logs for bridge stringers and headed to the mountains. Three hours and 3/4 of a tank of gas later we reached the trailhead. The old bridge collapsed under last years snow load, but what can you expect from three rotten spruce stringers. We reused all the old pressure treated 2x6's and as many of those twisty nails as we could salvage. I was very happy with the end product and the trail users where excited to see a new bridge going in. Before we finished we had 4 extra people helping with the final touches. All material and labor was donation and volunteer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3573.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	80726

Name:	IMG_3603.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	390.7 KB 
ID:	80727

Name:	IMG_3610.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	80728

Name:	IMG_3606.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	358.6 KB 
ID:	80729

Good work and pictures!
    From the supreme commander of Project Earth transition.

Mick