How'd it go today?

Did you try a linux disk? The image I linked above also has the testdisk suite, and it will recover data barring a hardware issue, but it isn't friendly to use, or explain it's use on a forum. You'd have to read the docs.

I took a gamble and planted some clover seed today. Night time lows are still threatening freezing, but I'm thinking it won't get that cold anymore this season. I want the seeds to get an early start, and it's supposed to rain the next couple days. I still have plenty more in case something happens. I'm anxious to see if the crimson clover I planted in the fall comes up. The flowers on those look fantastic.

The white clover I'm putting all over the yard I got from a local farm supply. It was almost $100 for 10#; more expensive than last year. The crimson clover I got from amazon. I think it was 1# of seed. I wanted that more targeted cause it grows tall. I don't remember what I paid, but it wasn't terribly expensive. I think it was in the $10 range.

Scored an interview with a local plumbing company tomorrow. Looks to be mostly residential work, so I'm more familiar than I'd like to admit. It may not be trees, but I'm not about to be picky. I need something, or I'll never climb out of the hole I have found myself in.

I don't plan to stick anywhere forever, until I get my self set up for what I actually want, which I do have a plan for. I just refuse to reveal it, lest the universe be listening.

That said, it's a reputable local company, and I see their trucks all over the mountain, all year round, which means I won't struggle so hard in the winter, and won't have stupid spotty schedules, hopefully.

Day three off the sauce too. My last drink was Sunday night. Apparently I got drunk enough Sunday after I put the girls to bed to have a religious experience. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that I had to pull my head out and fight for some air. It was rough at first, not the quitting drinking part, but the knowledge that I disappointed my ancestors was a tough burden to shoulder. They spoke, I listened, and now things are looking up. Now I just have to continue.

Scored an interview with a local plumbing company tomorrow. Looks to be mostly residential work, so I'm more familiar than I'd like to admit. It may not be trees, but I'm not about to be picky. I need something, or I'll never climb out of the hole I have found myself in.

I don't plan to stick anywhere forever, until I get my self set up for what I actually want, which I do have a plan for. I just refuse to reveal it, lest the universe be listening.

That said, it's a reputable local company, and I see their trucks all over the mountain, all year round, which means I won't struggle so hard in the winter, and won't have stupid spotty schedules, hopefully.

Day three off the sauce too. My last drink was Sunday night. Apparently I got drunk enough Sunday after I put the girls to bed to have a religious experience. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that I had to pull my head out and fight for some air. It was rough at first, not the quitting drinking part, but the knowledge that I disappointed my ancestors was a tough burden to shoulder. They spoke, I listened, and now things are looking up. Now I just have to continue.
Taking a break from chronic drinking is a good thing. Good on you!

@treebilly :rockon: :drink:

The following is a loose rant base off of what @Kaveman said. You are under no obligation to read it, so please skip this if you are offput by the length of my post. Enjoy...! Or don't! Up to you!

@Kaveman Alcohol is an insidious, carcinogenic, deceitful substance that -- for some -- tell them that you need to consume it or they will have to endure a relentless struggle of facing your fears and dealing with your emotions while sober.

Alcohol is my least favorite drug -- and I've done a lot of drugs; even research and development compounds -- and yet alcohol was somehow able to send me down a lengthy path of self-destruction for a long time. It convinced me that I needed it to function, but it was all a lie. Alcohol's lies are so infectious that, even though I knew I mostly hated drinking, I still continued to drink despite how deleterious it was to my quality of life. I had an understanding of how toxic my habit was...but I seemed helpless to act on it.

Anyways, your situation with alcohol is different, but you nonetheless are a victim to the allure of alcohol. No matter who you are, we are all tricked into consuming a substance that provides short lived effects (unless you drink a lot), minimal-to-zero health benefits depending upon the type of alcohol you consume, and a volatile aqueous substance which really has no place being entered into the human body at all. Certainly, without any doubt, occasional alcohol use will not cause problems for a substantial portion of the population. However, for those with alcoholism or a tendency to drink to much, it will not only force you to dissociate from reality, worsen your depression, rape you of hard earned money, and put your mental and physical overall health into a decline, but it lays the building blocks for a potentially horrific demise.

Alcohol is easily one of the most toxic mainstream drugs when assessed as its pure or pure-but-diluted form. Since heroin is either non-existent on the street level of distribution nowadays, or cut heavily with fentanyl analogues, more current and updated research must be performed in order to assess alcohol's new position against fentanyl analogues. Compared to heroin, many studies prior to the fentanyl crisis suggested that alcohol was more of a scourge than heroin and even crack cocaine abuse. One notable study from 2011 read as follows...

"A recent paper claimed in its classification of harmful substances, that alcohol is more dangerous than heroin. This paper aims to weigh up some of the evidence in the literature on the physical, social and financial effects of alcohol and the associated disease burden. We will also explore alcohol within the context of emergency department (ED) presentations. Reasons for ED attendance can be overtly and directly alcohol related such as alcohol intoxication, assaults, injuries and falls and indirectly such as child neglect, psychological problems and chronic diseases. Alcohol is often viewed as an isolated incident or factor for ED presentations but there are data that refute this perception. In ED, the priority is to treat the patient and their primary complaint, however it may be appropriate to screen for alcohol use, give advice and potentially offer an intervention to the patient. With the recent UK and Australian guidelines on reducing health risks from drinking alcohol, the ED has the ability to play an active role in reducing the harmful effects of alcohol through screening, advising and undertaking intervention as appropriate. However this cannot be achieved in isolation but within the broader political and health policy framework. There is now a growing body of literature supporting the need to make alcohol less affordable, less easy to buy and reducing alcohol advertising. Although alcohol is a legal substance, this paper concludes that examining the wider effects in physical, social and financial terms, alcohol is more dangerous than heroin. It has become an endemic problem in society affecting the individual and the whole community."
SOURCE: Is alcohol more dangerous than heroin? The physical, social and financial costs of alcohol - PubMed - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21665157/

(If you look through some links and/or do some further searching, you will be able to pretty easily find documents that show the full study versus just the abstract).

A Reuters article from 2010 highlights findings by other studies which suggest that alcohol abuse is worse than heroin and crack cocaine abuse...

"LONDON (Reuters) - Alcohol is a more dangerous drug than both crack and heroin when the combined harms to the user and to others are assessed, British scientists said Monday. Presenting a new scale of drug harm that rates the damage to users themselves and to wider society, the scientists rated alcohol the most harmful overall and almost three times as harmful as cocaine or tobacco. According to the scale, devised by a group of scientists including Britain's Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs (ISCD) and an expert adviser to the European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), heroin and crack cocaine rank as the second and third most harmful drugs."
SOURCE: https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6A000O/

Below is the chart that they developed.
Alcohol Chart.jpg

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm NOT suggesting that anyone who enjoys alcohol on an occasional, or even low-key daily, basis be deterred from continuing their use of alcohol -- although, quite literally anyone who stops drinking alcohol altogether will always healthier than someone who does not (in that one regard).

Alcohol use versus abuse has a well established threshold insofar as how much alcohol consumed denotes someone who has a physiological problem with drinking and, secondarily, part of establishing whether or not someone has a clinically psychological issue with alcohol revolves around assessing how deleterious it is to their quality of life, their ability to meet commitments and how well they are able to function altogether. My words and my criticisms apply ONLY to those people who consume alcohol beyond this threshold, and to anyone who struggles with alcohol to any extent psychologically!

Anyways, rant completed. I hope you learned something or got annoyed by how much time you just wasted reading my verbal vomit! Take care! Come back again!

Good stuff for gettin off the booze! You and I will be plumber brothers! Mario and Luigi!
Spent 12 years with a small water company in Heber AZ. Not a huge gig, one well, a pair of 50,000 gallon tanks, a little over 400 homes and 3 businesses. It's not my first rodeo lolz. That said I always described that job as "5 hours impersonating a backhoe, for 15 minutes of impersonating a plumber." I can dig really good👍! And I'll be damned happy about it for a while.

Should have been a rain day but to much to be done for that nonsense. My crew serviced our trucks and then went out for a quick removal. I love these last minute emergency trees. Ended up soaked. There is now a giant puddle in my garage where my saw pants and sweatshirt are hanging. Actually we had a good day though. We just embraced the suck and made it enjoyable.
I just finished doing a bit of reading on grounding or earthing. Seems that there are some conflicting studies on the matter. Nothing harmful. Just some studies say it holds no truth to the claims. Others claim a lot of benefits. I guess it could be snake oil but what’s it gonna hurt to be outside barefoot for a few minutes every morning?
You start wearing patchouly we’re no longer friends. Lol

Back