How'd it go today?

I have a bit of a battery cable obsession, which, as obsessions go, isn't the worst thing. I feel that there should only be one style of battery, the 31S, just in five different sizes. ATV, lawn and garden, automotive, truck, and large earthmover.:lol:

I have been converting everything I own to 31S, which is the stud type large truck style. I'm done with post and clamp type connections. Studs also give you a good place to add jumper cable wires, which I am also adding to most of my sawmill equipment via Anderson connectors. The alarming part is the cost of good wire.

I got some new shrink tubing in the mail today, which is a new product for me. It's a 3:1 shrink ratio, adhesive lined tubing. 4' each of red and black was like $9. You can see the finished product on the end of the cable I started making tonight. Pretty cool, if you are obsessed like me. :/:
I need to find a bigger box to keep all my parts in. I gathered everything together this evening, and there is quite the pile of stuff, at least more than I realized anyway.

How do you like the crimper? I just bought some 31s batteries. Need to make some cables or order some. Does it go up to 2/0?

Back