How'd it go today?

I had a really amazing day compared to my last week of veritable hell on Earth. I finally spoke with my father and he reassured me that he and my mother are handling the incident my ex created just fine now. He was able to speak with a lot of his neighbors that received the pictures and explain the situation to them and he said everyone was pretty supportive and understanding. So that pretty much made my day and it was an immense relief to hear my father in good spirits, strategizing with me about how to approach getting a restraining order and getting a lawyer to achieve justice for myself and my family.

I feel soooooo much better now, but I still have tons of anxiety and sometimes even panic attacks as I can't seem to stop obsessively ruminating about the intense embarrassment that I still feel and being judged by everyone close to me. I had a psychiatry appointment today and told my psychiatrist all about what my ex girlfriend did and how I've barely slept for days, anxious, panicking, etc. She gave me a prescription for an anxiolytic drug called Klonopin, which I had been on before many years ago, in hopes of helping me calm down.

I filled it at the pharmacy and took one and, one hour later, I felt like a human being again. I'm able to breath and to think clearly and focus on what needs to be done versus what has happened. It's just a temporary addition to my med regimen, until I recover from all of this insanity more fully. I hate needing to take yet another medication, but -- man oh man -- does this stuff work well.

All in all, everything is starting to improve and I'll be going to the police station tomorrow to get a restraining order filed against my ex. I can't wait to get that out of the way. I'll feel a lot more protected, and be much more able to relax, once I know she can't turn my world upside down for the duration of the order. Things are looking up finally. =-D

Yes, it does. My bout with getting older-robotic prostate surgery. PSA went from 2 to 3.4. Did bladder scope, MRI, prostate biopsy, and radioactive dye injection to see if it had migrated. Went in for surgery Tuesday last week. Stayed overnight. Went home with catheter in.

Went back today to get catheter out. Got report from doc that no sign of cancer in lymph nodes and there should be a 2-4% chance of it returning.
Much relieved. They say if we live to be 80 the majority of us will have prostate cancer. It is generally slow growing. I had one Gleason score of 4-3 which put me in unfavorable category. So, anyhow, I should live to be quite a bit older.

My neck has been kinda stiff lately too, likely from work and uncomfortable sleeping. Been doing pvc the last few days, man i hate that stuff, especially with as many fittings as we gotta use and how nice they want it to look :lol: Nothing like huffing glue and solvent all day, I'll take weld smoke and grinding dust any day over that crap.

Bummer about the piston. What's that from?
Old saw I just got and tested. 281. Kept having to richen it. It was hot out and I figured I ran it enough to know it needed love so I came home and pulled the muffler. Needs some other stuff too so I’ll probably set it aside until I have time to go through it completely. Maybe put a 288 cylinder on it, maybe ported, maybe a 395 cylinder 😁

My neck has been kinda stiff lately too, likely from work and uncomfortable sleeping. Been doing pvc the last few days, man i hate that stuff, especially with as many fittings as we gotta use and how nice they want it to look :lol: Nothing like huffing glue and solvent all day, I'll take weld smoke and grinding dust any day over that crap.
You won’t even notice the smell of the chems after a while. Keeping the lids tight on the solvent cans between joints helps a little.

What sizes? Application?

1/2 to 3, process pipe application. I work in a lot of different places that have patents, proprietary processes, or classified info so unfortunately i can't really share more, also why i pretty much never have work pics or even talk about my work day. Sucks but when you're on the industrial side of things it's like that.

It bores people that know what they’re looking at and people that don’t know what they’re looking at don’t know what they’re looking at and I’m not twelve years old so I don’t bother taking selfies of my day to day drudgery.

Staked a lot I was on a few years ago. They have a cluttered garden I like a lot. Plants and flowers all over the place. This kinetic sculpture was in there...

View attachment VID_20240503_103538426.mp4

They had a nifty vine covered passage. Twice as wide/long would be cooler...

IMG_20240503_104954365.jpg

There was a snekhouse inside. I thought that was nice of them...

IMG_20240503_105031053.jpg

Back's feeling better, but not really that great. Still thinking about shortening at least some of the grass cause it's already long, and we're getting a couple days of rain coming up. I'll take a look when I get home and decide.

He's a very slow starter...

An hour to go from truck to tree is common.

Lots of one day jobs take two or three.

Whatever, I'm paid well enough to not give a damn.
I don't mind taking it easy, if the pay is the same, though I get tired and sluggish if we slow down too much. I worked for a guy who'd take like an hour and a half to get in the tree. I'm not sure how they manage to be that slow, but otherwise he was pretty good.

Back