How'd it go today?

"I live in a much more modest home than these folks and yet I do not envy them. One bad neighbor can ruin your dream home," wrote Darin the hack.

Ahh, twas a nice day! :)

Class this morning, ran errands early this afternoon, and worked on the truck this evening. The only thing that sucks is it's going to get cool again....and I was liking the fact of being able to wrench in short sleeves.

roto-tilled half the garden, iced down my arm....then tilled the other half. Good day!

What's your soil like Che? If you say loam, I must hate you. Everywhere I live is clay for some reason.

Darin, fill a few balloons with round up .......bombs away! Nah jus kidding, I hate whacked out neighbors. Makes you appreciate your own neighbors.

Darin, fill a few balloons with round up .......bombs away! Nah jus kidding, I hate whacked out neighbors. Makes you appreciate your own neighbors.

Shame on you for suggesting that, NoBivy! That's just WRONG.

The balloons would give it away.....instead, freeze the roundup then pitch the frozen herbicidal blobs into his lawn at night. By the time the damage is seen, no evidence.

:D

Darin, how about you just dislike me.....we have both nice loamy soil and horrible slimy hard clay. Where I do my gardening now, it's pretty good. I add compost as I plant the daylilies sometimes, but otherwise it's excellent on its own. If it helps my case, we have lots of rocks in our soil.

BUT....most of the older section of our property (where Mike grew up) is ALL clay. Summertime leaves it with deep cracks.

I took down 12 huge Italian Cypress trees yesterday. Didn't quite finish, have about a half a day today there. I just got up and I'm still tired.

The balloons would give it away.....instead, freeze the roundup then pitch the frozen herbicidal blobs into his lawn at night. By the time the damage is seen, no evidence.

:D

Great idea Che. ;) I had thoughts of a midnight roundup drive-by myself when my ahole neighbor called the law on me last summer. Seems that the trash man busted open a bag and some papers blew over onto his lawn. Instead of just coming over and saying something to me, he called the cops. Lawman said, "Could you please go over and pick stuff up so this guy will quit his whining?"

Another thought I had for a pay-back was to leave the top 20 feet or so of his 80+ foot spruce in the front yard dangling from an old rope i've got laying around.:/: But I couldn't bring myself to do that. The neighbor's the idiot, not the tree.

But I will keep the frozen herbicide thing in mind for later. Thanks :evil:

much better to write something with the herbacide in the lawn :D
Even better than that is to use fertilizer to write on the lawn.Ah,miracle grow and a sprayer should do the trick nicely.No muss,no fuss ,no evidence and doesn't kill the grass but my o my would it ever grow.

Started this job today....all the limbs will have to be roped. The owner just put in a brand new, wood fence about 10 feet from the tree.

Wood fence sections can be removed quite quickly and easily. If Mr. Homeowner can put it up a week before the tree removal, then he can pull down a few sections just as easily. Some people just don't think.

I've seen guys rope down limbs to avoid a potted plant, instead of moving the potted plant. :roll:

Wood fence sections can be removed quite quickly and easily. If Mr. Homeowner can put it up a week before the tree removal, then he can pull down a few sections just as easily. Some people just don't think.

I've seen guys rope down limbs to avoid a potted plant, instead of moving the potted plant. :roll:

Good thought, B, but these are my Bosnian folks...very enterprising. The owner has milled with a 14" Echo saw a 40" diameter oak I took out last year...into fence posts that he concreted in...then nailed up crossmembers and nailed the individual fence boards to that. It is a fine looking fence but it'll only come down if I bust it.

He was trying to save this tree but his plans for the yard changed...he is putting fruit trees in the yard and doesn't want this tree raining down limbs and breaking his fruit trees and garden.

Divots won't be a problem here...he has scraped and leveled the yard, only dirt now while he waits for this tree to come down so he can plant his trees and start his garden.

Good thought, B, but these are my Bosnian folks...very enterprising. The owner has milled with a 14" Echo saw a 40" diameter oak I took out last year...into fence posts that he concreted in...then nailed up crossmembers and nailed the individual fence boards to that. It is a fine looking fence but it'll only come down if I bust it.

He was trying to save this tree but his plans for the yard changed...he is putting fruit trees in the yard and doesn't want this tree raining down limbs and breaking his fruit trees and garden.

Divots won't be a problem here...he has scraped and leveled the yard, only dirt now while he waits for this tree to come down so he can plant his trees and start his garden.

You've written about these people before. They sound like good neighbors.

Another great Thursday over and done. :)

I had my usual Thursday class this morning, ran by the local NAPA Auto Parts and exchanged a couple or Torx bits that were too large(I was guessing when I bought them), got an estimate on a replacement tail lamp assembly. Then following all of this was today's outdoor activity... body work. I've almost finished repairing(to make it functional... too old and far gone to pour money in to make it pretty :lol: ) the tailgate on the truck. I had to redo the seam where the two skins meet. After that, finished tacking up(with my welder) the new hinge so I can weld it up properly at school, in the morning. Then when I was working underneath the truck on a brace that secures the lower portion of the driver's side bed. closest to the rear, I proceeded to bust 3 knuckles in one turn of the wrench...I called it a day and cleaned up :pissed:.

Today's job was making a lot of weight reduction cuts on a huge bifurcated elm. The yard below was filled with expensive japanese maples and dogwoods, so everything had to come down on a rope. It was as if I was working in the San Francisco Bay Area again. The job went smooth and the customer was very happy and said he would recommend me to everyone he knew. I love hearing that because 30 or 40% of my calls are referrals.

I have been climbing a lot recently and even though I am not down to my fighting weight(not even close really), I was easily able to footlock 25' up into the tree yesterday. I know that's small potatoes for most of you. I haven't footlocked since last summer and it has never been one of my strong skill sets. I am going to be in good shape this summer or die.

Speaking of skill sets, I let my groundies use the throwball these days as that is one thing I truly suck at.

I suck at the throwball also, so I bought a BigShot. If I'm setting the rope higher than 25' I'll use the BigShot. The time required to pull it out and attach the head to the pole is less than the wasted time of one missed throw, so I'll use it even on the short throws.

Back