How'd it go today?

Got rained on, maybe a good bit more tonight. So far, looks like I'll be sleeping dry in the camper! Need to get a bunch of weather stripping, but looks like I'll be safe to insulate once I do. I'm thinking 3/4inch foam sheet, then cover over indoor/outdoor carpet.

Part of me says not to get to carried away, because I'm thinking about getting a trailer and a space in a local RV park. The other part of me says make it nice and comfy, as it will improve your quality of life immensely and immediately. Travel trailers are quite expensive in my neck of the woods anymore, so that may take some time to materialize, then I have to find an open spot. Neither are insurmountable, but it'll take some time to save the cash either way, so investing in my comfort now is a good idea...

I'm torn, should I do the bare minimum to get by, or outfit the truck as if there's no other option. But if the truck goes down for some unfortunately and unforeseen mechanical malady...well, I'm screwed either way right?

Obviously I don't intend to blow my paycheck on materials all at once, and I kind of have a step at a time plan to outfit the camper and still save a little cash up, but I'm not sure how far I should go, or how much of a financial priority it should be.

Anywho I'm stoked the camper don't leak, and that I prioritized getting it, because I was right, and the rain has come! My bed is dry currently, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna stay that way, so I'm calling it a win for now!

Back