How'd it go today?

Spent the afternoon driving gravel truck for my friend who is building a new house. It's a win-win for me. I like driving old trucks, and he buys me lunch.:D

This evening I sent to the mill, as I finally got dimensions to saw one log. Almost immediately, the brand new band jumped off and wound itself around the drive wheels. Very odd. Teeth were ruined. Tried getting in touch with the other customer, but no luck. :X

20240417_174354.jpg 20240417_142523.jpg

Fox came back. Either him or Spot made a sound, I opened the door, and he took off after a moment of hesitation. Maybe I could get a guard donkey. I always kinda wanted a donkey, and it would give Spot some backup. Bonus is the ridiculous sound they make, and I can pissoff the neighbors at the same time :^D

Must have good moisture levels bein able to burn and all. Does that generally get restricted in the summer?
No burning in summer. Our season depends on moisture. It can start late October and into May. Usually under restrictions from opening to December. Then May to June.
Upper elevations over 5000 feet can burn longer for controlled burns.

It's not even dragging branches. It's the repetition. It's all easy to do once. The punishment comes in when you're doing it over and over.

Routine stuff today. I went to the farm to split wood, but I tweaked my back a bit running Old Smoky. Wood was filthy, and I had to sharpen it three times on not too many rounds. Also, the choke lever fell off the carb again, so I had to take the top cover off to stop the saw. The cutoff switch doesn't work anymore. That's a hassle cause it's screwed down. The two best saw innovations are side tension screws, and quick release covers. Old Smoky has neither :^/

I only split and loaded a wheelbarrow of wood. My back's sore, and I didn't want to make it worse. It hurts, but not nearly as bad as it can get.

Back