How'd it go today?

Well shoot... It went fine today... Rain and all....
I had the old alternator tested and it is ok... so I put it up on the shelf for back up.. Core charge was only 6 bucks anyway... so 67.00 and we have a new one and a back up ;)
The regulator was the issue as I thought and it was a 16.00 fix.
I still have a few things I am going to trace on the electrical... but I am betting mostly light replacement at this point... She's a runner... ;)
Back on the road agin!
Sold two goats and they might be back for more... So 25% of the cost of the herd has been recouped. Katy is taking the money and stocking up on chicken feed for the spring :)
Already have a market for the eggs BTW and we are increasing the flock by 100. ;)

Good grief it took me two and half hours to change the danged thermostat in that little Ranger . On a normal vehicle it's a 15-20 minute job .--or at least it used to be .:(

They do indeed, my wife's honda needed a new thermo a few weeks back, apparently is mounted on the back of the block near the firewall, 1 hour job to get it in and out.
I remember my '80 Z-28, I could change the thermostat in that in about 3 minutes with the right wrench.
As for my day, it started ok, now I feel like hell with a cold. sigh.
Star-Wars-Emperor.jpg

One of those days for me.
The dog is hobbling around tonight, must have pulled something in his front leg.
I will most likely not be moving much better than him tomorrow.
A log rolled while limbing today. A limb caught me, tossing me over on another log a few feet away. :what:
Should have stopped Earlier.:(
Oh well just bruises.:lol:

did some free tree work for one of my brother in laws then went and helped him on a dairy hes trying to clean up. gonna load 43 sick cows in the morn headed to the butcher

seriously this isnt the good stuff! the last load they actually culled one whole cow. i wont say why;)

They do indeed, my wife's honda needed a new thermo a few weeks back, apparently is mounted on the back of the block near the firewall, 1 hour job to get it in and out.
I remember my '80 Z-28, I could change the thermostat in that in about 3 minutes with the right wrench.
As for my day, it started ok, now I feel like hell with a cold. sigh.
Star-Wars-Emperor.jpg

Haley saw that picture and told me that "He looks like he has an eye infection."

Finally fixed the two Stihls I had been messing with for an old guy I used to do tree work with. His knee is shot, so he can barely walk. Mostly just new carb gaskets and diaphragms, gas line.....and the little matter of a hole in the oil tank near the cap, as big as my finger. I shoved some metal epoxy in and around it, and hopefully it might hold for awhile.

Here's the Rover, I think it's worth the price of $8k, 44k miles. It wasn't supremely comfortable for me, and it seemed to have less roll resistance than my Wrangler.

Retail price should be $11500-$14800, I'd figure in the $13k's.

DSC05434Large.jpg

Check out the unawesome front axle articulation, however I did like the traction control that got it this high in without the differential lock, it would have climbed till it rolled over.

DSC05418Large.jpg

Darin, sorry if I startled Haley with the pic, its the original Emperor from the Star Wars series, she may be too young to see those movies yet though. :)

LJ, does it have the settings 'wheel'? for the different situations then the computer takes over the settings like ride height etc? I think $8k for that sounds pretty reasonable, they are priced premium up here for new ones that for sure. Ha, Cars R Us, gotta be a lawsuit in there somewhere.

It had a couple buttons I didn't understand, such as a yellow button with a picture of the vehicle going down a steep grade, and a mode button for the tranny.

I figured the yellow button was for engine braking, the front end probably had a sway bar, I can check the pics if you'd like.

yup, I think the yellow is superslow descent control, almost hands free. The other settings button may have been the one that throws the ride height, a Brit would likely know better.

Back