How'd it go today?

hopefully next fall I will get to go out west again......Leo will be three by then

Fired up the Rincon for the first time in months. Took it up in the woods for some trailbreaking. Dang near froze to the seat, but it was a blast. I love Honda's. leave it outside in a snow bank for months, and just choke it, crank it, and ride it.

Looks like fun John. Gotta love Asheville... people do a little bit of everything. 8)

Before I moved to NC, I didn't know bikes came with shocks, I never saw water that you could actually see move, and I never even heard of rock or ice climbing. You guys are craze! :lol:

Fired up the Rincon for the first time in months. Took it up in the woods for some trailbreaking. Dang near froze to the seat, but it was a blast. I love Honda's. leave it outside in a snow bank for months, and just choke it, crank it, and ride it.

sounds awesome.:D

Got the Ford all dialed in today.. Found a short on the distributor harness. Key ignition switch was messed up so we replaced it (OMG what a friggen PAIN, no there is not a hole you can release the switch from on this model unless you pull the whole steering wheel!). All I have to do is re-registrar and we are back on the road again. Then start on the next truck:roll:

'Specially with the plow mounted. Nuttin' like an extra 600 pounds up front to really whip ya around!

You do reverse nuts with your plow truck? You're nuts!

I like it!:D

I beleive Dave was talking about doing them with his quad.

Nice to know someone is listening to the voices of the professionals :)

As for today... Just trying to make some bank in lieu of time off fixing the truck and being behind in schedule anyway. Due to lack of burn days we are having to scrounge for the work to a degree.
Went out and cut and split fire wood for some friends of the family and they are related to Rob in a married way. One of the more notorious old families in town ;) Heck they even have a photo of a family member robbing a stage coach on the wall:lol::lol:
Made some bank and got some more work out of it. A couple TDs and some monthly work. Also some more drop and buck at a neighbors house also.
So all and all a decent day :)

I made a complete fool out of myself today.
Pulled a real rookie mistake after being a faller for over 30 years.
I was helping the local State forest guys pulling some trees .
We had set the pull line and were ready to cut the tree.
When I started my facecut, the saw simply wouldn't cut. Not even a little.
I sharpened it as the last thing yesterday, so the chain should be okay.
Turns out that when I changed cracked sideplate for a new one this morning before it was really light,

I put the chain on backwards!

I'll never hear the end of this one.

haha, i did that once on a job with some cute college girls home, never heard the end of that and how distracted i must have been:lol:

A bad day indeed Stig!!! I am waiting for the day I do that!

Got up and the wind was houling at 6am. I wasn't going to fight the trailer 100 miles each way in that crap. Went to the city and filled out paperwork, and now the winds have calmed?

:lol: That's great, Stig. It could happen to anyone...really, it could. ;)

I recall watching a hyped up youngster in one of my S-212 classes who was full of himself and his mad saw skills throw a chain yanking his 044 around like a maniac...he took the whole chain and bar off to remount the chain (don't ask me why). I just let it happen...backwards chain. Took quite a while for him to realize the problem.

Took a bit of wind out of his sails.

I'm generally not a cruel instructor, but he needed it :roll:.

Back