How'd it go today?

Screwing with chainsaws, this guy brought me two old ones (041 and 026) that looked like they were buried in a landfill of nasty crud. "Fix 'em", 'e says.
Carb problems with the 041, got it running, but the 026 is really taxing my sensibilities.
Another losing proposition :(

Dropped a couple dead white oaks in the woods today. I cut the tops into firewood and had a fire going with the brush. The feet and hands needed warming now and then. 5*. Went back with troops this afternoon and loaded up the firewood and dragged out the logs..

good day today, done by noon and paid. climbed a large dead arborvitae with the new geckos and tipped of several trees. some pics from modays oak pruning, tuesdays tree planting and some of the freezing fog weve had this week

Attachments

• misc trees 053.jpg
    misc trees 053.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 5
  • misc trees 054.jpg
    misc trees 054.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 3
  • misc trees 056.jpg
    misc trees 056.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 3
  • misc trees 058.jpg
    misc trees 058.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 3
  • misc trees 059.jpg
    misc trees 059.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 3
  • misc trees 062.jpg
    misc trees 062.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 3
How did you like the Geckos? Awesome? They sure hurt my calves.

Why didn't you just throw that 'lil sprout?

i dig em, didnt get the right one quite tight enough so it rubbed a little. the start of a nice relationship!

It's weird - I think me and Ekkka are the only ones in the entire world that didn't like them.

Just a picture of today.

Who drives a big rig through Noe Valley? Anyway I thought it was funny.

I think he went lost.

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 4
Snow isn't happening here so following up some tree leads and getting stuff lined up. Had a dude balk at my chipping rate, goodbye then sorry you had to waste my time.

So, I unconnected the cold start system on the chipper, and it fixed the power down problem. ...maybe a bad sensor I think... I reconnected it, and I'm using the chipper tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

It's a sensor close to the throttle cable that is (I think) related to the intake heater. Chipper works fine when I just unplug it, but I'm gonna look more into it to learn more about that particular sensor.

I stopped by the Geezer's climbing thing in Windermere this morning. I saw Chip and talked with him for a bit, but didn't recognize anybody else except for Scotty and two other guys that I can't remember their names. Was cold and bored so I left after about 45 minutes. I got a couple pictures of Chip on the aerial rescue event though.

He also told me to say hello to 'Sunshine'. :P:lol:

It's a sensor close to the throttle cable that is (I think) related to the intake heater. Chipper works fine when I just unplug it, but I'm gonna look more into it to learn more about that particular sensor.

post a pic?

Well so far so good... Got the Ford up and running. Timing is dialed in nicely (don't ask how I got that lucky ;) ). Changing the tread out right now and going to town to get a new battery. Then break the rings in a bit, change oil again, add some break in additive, then put the hood on, re-registrar and run 'er :) .
Also caught my 3 yr old loading the fuel with dirt and rocks:\:
NICE :roll:
More work for daddy :roll:

did a couple estimates and one consult today. Drove around in the fog, we have been fogged in for like 4 or 5 days now, getting kinda morose about town.
edit: the first attached picture is driving on this bridge, Port Mann Bridge.
564px-PortMannBridge.jpg

Attachments

• P1175025.JPG
    P1175025.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • P1175026.JPG
    P1175026.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 5
  • P1175027.JPG
    P1175027.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 5
Jeez Paul.. that's at least fog you can see into a bit ;)

Dang Ford being a biatch .... Might have to have the carburetor rebuilt. Seems to flood out or lean out on occasion.. Looks like more flood out... timing runs great at 6 BTDC and shuts down at 10 BTDC. I see gas fog when she stalls at 6 BTDC. I had to bring the idle up some too. AT least she runs for the most part. Rebuilt engine is tight and smooth. I am truly happy with the guy I chose to rebuild. Came highly recommended from a machinist in town that I know and does mostly racing engines :D

some tame roadside ice climbing today.........polar circus, counted 25 people climbing. Small flesh wound from a bit of falling ice

:?

top roping is VERy safe ice climbing....for the most part. Start leading steep thin shit..and thats nuts

No offense meant Bivy! Just trying to say 'yer nuts' in a cutesy way. You would not catch me climbing icicles.

you may enjoy....kinda like spuring up something. Safe with a top rope. I took a buddy of mine who is 53 for his first time, he had no problems chopping his way to the top:D

Back