How'd it go today?

Without ever having looked at one closely, I'll also assume there is a wire running from the murphy switch to an oil pressure sending unit. I'd be checking the sending unit and probably just replacing the wire just to make sure.

The "Murphy" switch is kind of a latching relay. Once you "set" it, as long as the ignition is on and no interlock switches activate, it stays closed.

Ahhh few days off now. Seems I'm being punished by my old truck(plow truck) for buying my newer truck. A caliper locked up on my old truck this morning and by the time I limped it to my buddy's shop total destruction. All brakes are completely shot as well as rear axle seals. Also some front end work needed. Oh vell what can you do.:(

I'm healthy and happy right? Is it to early to start drinking?:|:

Ahhh few days off now. Seems I'm being punished by my old truck(plow truck) for buying my newer truck. A caliper locked up on my old truck this morning and by the time I limped it to my buddy's shop total destruction. All brakes are completely shot as well as rear axle seals. Also some front end work needed. Oh vell what can you do.:(

Gotta spend that plow money on something, right?

Not too early to start drinking, ever.:D

Time to get a plow for the new ride man!!!:P

It's five o'clock somehwere!

brian, murphy switches are used on water temp also. usually wired right through the gauge and is adjustable. hold the bypass button in till the oil pressure needle comes off the low pressure setting.

Plowed this morning. Ended up staying witht he fellow to dig up 2 oldschool car lifts out of a garage, and search for an oil tank in a parking lot. F'n froze my ass off, wasn't ready to work outside today.

I killed about a dozen trees today for my house mover guy. We are prepping the lot where the house is going on Sunday. I got to grab the EHP372 and walk around falling about 8-9 trees one after another, it was a blast. :D
3 pines about 100' tall, three decent size oaks, a camphor and a couple chinaberry trees. Plus I took down a couple others from the bucket and did a couple hours of trimming. Going back tomorrow to finish.

Didn't want to scratch the Univent, eh?:/:

Was dang cold here today, gonna be dang cold tomorrow. Oh well. It's 2 now, couldn't have been more than 10 all day. It makes you appreciate going inside to warm up.

Da Univent is still in the shop, there isn't enough room in the 6' long sawbox for it and I'm keeping it for future use anyway. I had the EHP372, the PP372 and my new 395XP. The PP372 was a little dull so I grabbed the EHP.
:D

About got the Ford Engine all tied back together, hoses and what not. Goto some more parts for tomorrow to further the cause in the vaccum hose department. Should be able to fire her up tomorrow.

Nice day, got up to around 4 degrees, little wind. Sunny day. Nice day to work.
We didn't work cause it was too cold. Supposed to be colder tomorrow. Im kinda unhappy about it...

just picked up a nice removal for the end of the month. someone topped the silver maple last spring so its mostly wood

Today started out bad with school not being canceled in -6 weather this morning, after school I learn no school tomorrow, so it's party time. 1:00 in the morning, my bathroom has no cold water what so ever, a bad thing I learned when it's negative temps outside. So, Dad and I spend an hour trying to heat the garage(where our water comes in, and up to my bathroom) putting up plastic on the garage door, running a heater, etc. 2:00 we look around again, and hope for the best. And now here I type, at 2 in the morning, hoping my bathroom doesn't flood, or a pipe bursts somewhere in the house.

That don't sound like much of a party to me.

Best of luck with that, I know all about freezing pipes/water systems.

My truck turned into a pita, basically replaced everything in the front end except for the steering box and pumpkin.:(

But she drives like a cadillac now.:lol:

Just finished structural pruning a young Dristenia street tree for my Landscape friend,
She sends alot of work my way here in the city.

So, it was free.

Now, I'm getting ready to go surf, beauty day.
Skies are blue and waves are shaping nicely.

Then it's Friday Night.

Dug up an oil tank and the rest of those 2 old school car lifts. Got some time on excavator so it was fun, and dressed warm so I didn't even feel the single digits.

Just at like a fat boy, and headed to the movies later.

Still working on the truck. Had about everything back together and was trying to turn it over to move some oil through her... Electrical short... Then lack of ground.. Oh what fun I tell ya! Well got it all sorted out and I need more battery for setting the timing. And Katy had to leave so I lost my jump :(
Guess I'll finish it tomorrow.

Back