How'd it go today?

shoulda been hauling it to kansas on your downtime!
to bad you didnt have ruby slippers andy, then you could click your heels when the trailer was loaded and save the drive time home!

If only my corprate jet wasn't down:lol: Really the drive is kind of nice. I fire up "BPM" on Sirius and set the cruise.
It keeps me out of the bars I guess.:P

A hundred a face is 300 a cord anyway you look at it ,wow .That's about double what it is here .

Old Tom is getting 150 a cord but it isn't all that dry but it's oak . Fact is he comes out here to get good stuff to fire his stove . I don't know how much I have in stacks,maybe 15 or so at least that on the ground I suppose .Too damned nasty out to mess with it right now . Besides that it's all typical trimmer stuff ,about 3 feet long and frozen hard as granite at the moment .I've never seen anything freeze as hard as green cut oak .

A hundred a face is 300 a cord anyway you look at it ,wow .That's about double what it is here .

The last run, I had help, was five face, this I am guessing is around four face. I have another four I need to go pick back up and bring home.
I need to get my Craigslist add up and pot full of t-posts right now!!!

I wish I could get six face, two full cord, but I don't think the truck would be real happy with me with the mini sitting back there also!

Do you have one Stephen?:D

YUP :)
And the dang thing just keeps making money. Very inexpensive to run. Clients hire us to make firewood for them or rent the dang thing. I like the rental cause I don't have to be there while it makes money.... :lol:
I only rent it to clients though (trust factor thing ;) )

Oh and Steve.. Watch your mail ;)

Brain.. good to hear you got some work :)

Andy ... Take care of that eye... I know that had to hurt. Least it was oak and not poison oak ;) I remember doing that with some diagonal pliers one time when I was making DC drive motors.. Friggen HURT!
We get about 225.00 per cord here. Robs dad gets hella good money in AZ for it. I guess they do in L.A. and the Bay Area here too...

I wish I could get six face, two full cord, but I don't think the truck would be real happy with me with the mini sitting back there also!
We used to haul 4 cord at a time between the truck and tri axle trailer . With a 390 cu in Ford it took nearly a mile on flat ground to get to 60 MPH .Lucky it's all flat here .

We used to haul 4 cord at a time between the truck and tri axle trailer . With a 390 cu in Ford it took nearly a mile on flat ground to get to 60 MPH .Lucky it's all flat here .

I don't have the truck, or the trailer for that Al!! The trip with five face the truck was pretty unhappy! Figure the weight of the wood, add the 1700#'s for the trailer, 1800#'s for the mini then put that behind an F-150 with a 5.4l.
Either way, this beats what I WAS doing by a long shot!! Two or three of us would do good to get three face on the trailer in four hours and did good to pour ourselves out of the truck when we got home!

Stephan I got cut with the thornless Locust in the backyard! No Oak around here! That was the pisser.

I hear ya! Was just re-inforcing the point. They certainly suck their fair share of fuel.

5.4 is a excellent new motor from what I hear, you cut the cat outta yours yet?

I hear it really wakes them up.

My buddy has one with intake, exhaust, and chip done and that truck straight out hauls ass.

I want the Roush kit, but $6400 kinda kills that deal:O

Sorry Stephan, missed that post, if it was a thorned Locust I doubt I would be typing anything right now! I'd probably still be in the ER!

Time for a diesel, dude!

I bought what I could afford/justify. I wanted a 3/4 ton Dodge with a Cummins. But went back to "real" work, this truck was a buy and the minimum that would work for my needs. I "settled" but can use it to get where I want to be.

The $6400 would get you a diesel, with about $1400 left over. Buy chip and injectors and gauges, and you'd have a 500 hp truck that will eat Mustang GT's for lunch.

Pricing's a little different down there methinks.

And if you go around laying your 500hp down in a way to take Mustang GT's(straight line only, even though mustangs don't handle worth a crap!) you're gonna be blowing things apart before you know it.

8)

Back