How'd it go today?

I will also mention that it doubles as my crane rig as well. Float in on the ball, rig, descend, cut, wash, rinse, repeat.

Now two days ago, I could have used about 30 more feet of line in that kit for the oaks I was pruning off roofs. I could bail on SRT, but not Ddrt. if I needed to. But I just had the crane pick me back up and place me on the next limb. Wash rinse repeat until I was back on the main stem. They were sizable oaks. I could have used up 150' of line descending from the tops. Valley Oaks.

I can’t stand prep time. I want to get to work! Getting the lift and getting it ready, gassed up, stabilizers down, harness on, tools in the bucket, saws gassed and oiled drives me nuts. Reminds me I need to start keeping a rope in it in case I need to get down from the piece of junk. But now that I think about it, I don’t even know to descend a rope. 😆
Learn to rappel brother, it may save your life. An HMS biner and a munter hitch on a rope can make all the difference!

I don't mind taking it easy, if the pay is the same, though I get tired and sluggish if we slow down too much. I worked for a guy who'd take like an hour and a half to get in the tree. I'm not sure how they manage to be that slow, but otherwise he was pretty good.
I’m a very quick starter, sometimes too quick.
I’m thinking about how we’ll line the trucks up on the way so we’re on it from the get go.
The 8.30 to 10.30 (when we have a tea break) is the most important period.
Get a good start and the rest of the day falls into place.

Ahh, 'morning tea' or 'smoko' they call it here. I'm so not used to stopping for tea and half a lunch at that time.

Back