How'd it go today?

LJ and I text messaged earlier, he says he had a few beverages and is happy to meet some other housers at the TCIA thing in Milwaukee. :) Sounds like a few beers, good friends and good times are to be had.

Party safe y'all.

I took out a california pepper tree and did "line clearance" on a secondary line with a black walnut tree hanging all over it.

I was back in the ash today. Making clearings for perc tests. This lot is full of bittersweet, honeysuckle, and dead elm snags. A dang SOB of a worksite. I started dropping the ash into the snags, that took care of them. Well, for a while anyway, until it started a domino effect and one of them almost landed on the powerlines by the road.:O I must say that ash and black locust are some the most dulling woods I've cut so far.

Deadwooded a giant weeping willow today and some miscellaneous other trimming. Things are slowing right up here now though, only two days of work booked. So it better hurry up and snow already!

Went out to a brushing job today and got an hour of climb in and two more scheduled days for her on two properties.. Also referred a local arborist ;) to her for a consult on a ponderosa. Info in you pm soon Steve.. :)
I have another call to make.. ;)

I'm on call this week, been on it since Monday, and will finish out on Sunday. All I can say is, these 19 hour days(and only paid by the call after 1700hrs is growing old, quick)... I hope the pay looks good. :lol:

I'm on call this week, been on it since Monday, and will finish out on Sunday. All I can say is, these 19 hour days(and only paid by the call after 1700hrs is growing old, quick)... I hope the pay looks good. :lol:

It wears you thin quick Jay!! I know!
About the time you get settled in and into a movie, or playing with the kid, or working on a project, the phone rings. "Well, gotta go!"

Went to get gas for my cutting torch today ,they certainly are proud of that stuff ,costa plenty anymore .:(

Changed the 60 profile tires on the Ranger out to the 78 series that was on the old one I scrapped . Those fat tires look good but are worthless as teats on a boar on these ice and snow covered roads we have here in winter .

Something as light as a Ranger doesn't have enough pounds per square inch on tires that have 8 inchs of tread surface .The 78s' are 5.5 inch tread width .

I kind of goofed off today. Got a spare alternator rebuilt for my pickup, put the rebuilt starter on the tractor, did a couple of bids, currently checking out the girls on the front of the Tree Services magazine.

LJ and I text messaged earlier, he says he had a few beverages and is happy to meet some other housers at the TCIA thing in Milwaukee. :) Sounds like a few beers, good friends and good times are to be had.

Party safe y'all.

A few is a drastic understatment.:|:

TBuzz shin dig in an hour and a half.

Back