Page 2 of 5413 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd it go today?

Pruned 2 Crabs, 2 Redbud, a behemouth Viburnum, and a handful of smally stuff >>> new plantings. Also had to run PR w/ the condo association we're working at, ugh. This is actually what I charge for.
    "Now, this tenant wants to do their own trees, but could you just bring it off the building and do a little bit of clearance ? If she comes out and yells at you, just tell her you didn't know."
    Ambulance passes us on its way to building 3...
    "Can you make this one look all layered, like you did with the Dogwood ? Yes, I know it's a Silver Maple..."
    Crazy lady comes out of building 1 >>> "If you cut down my f**king trees, I'll f**king shoot you, Eileen. You shouldn't even be on the board of members..."
    Frank comes out on his front step, "Pay no attention to any of this, Theresa. They're all wacko !" Thank God for the "Franks" of the world.

Paul, that class sounds like great fun, can I come over & check it out ? LOL
    Hey, and didn't I pass you on Woodward Ave. this afternoon ? Yeah, you were the guy carving yew shrubs into zoo animals, ey ?
    Quote Originally Posted by stehansen View Post
    My Dad says times like this always create opportunities also, but that the trouble with the opportunities are that they are disguised as hard work.

I trimmed little trees and hedges and made good money for it. I was happy, the customer was happy and my groundie was prophesizing the end of the world.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Does he know Reed?

Haha.

TC3 me? yews into aminals? pshaw.... just a laurel hedge and a cedar hedge today.
    the tomorrow thing is cool, last trade show I went to I talked to a couple nursery owners that I knew, told them " I hate to say it point blank, but the pruning of trees in the nurseries SUCKS. why dontyou hire me to come out and do some pruning for you or, I could try and teach your field guys the basics.." when I was hunting for work in the late winter. This nursery owner has given me the chance. I met here a few weeks back at one of her fields, did a few trees in a few minutes, chatting away as to what I was doing " I will give this tree a leader instead of 3, deadwood here, shitty branching here..." and viola. a days work. maybe more. I am just trowing together some pics and diagrams for her field guys for tomorrow morning. should be fun.
    Knowledge is power and its very light weight. - Cody Lundin

Today called for a power line kill for 3hrs to get 3 eucalyptus trees down and only took 2 hrs and 4 more hrs to cleanup and haul away

Greenhorn

burned hand, cut other hand, groundie spilled bar oil on my saddle and he also jack-knived and bent chipper tongue, but....maybe pretty good $ and no heat stroke. Time for new help.. whats new??

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Lordy! I would be having a tailgate meeting, orrrrr something!

Treehouser Sponsor

We had a groundie do the same thing with the jack - knifed chipper tongue. I watched and heard it from a block away but he claimed he didn't hear a thing and was in utter disbelief that it even happened.

To stick with the thread, I spent the day in the bucket trimming trees away from the powerlines. Just like that movie, "Groundhog Day".

Greenhorn

utter disbelief is a good phrase, "rocks will do that to a chain, no way!" type stuff I deal with

Rborist1

Storm blew through town last night, crews spent the day cleaning up. I helped on 1 old poplar which failed and was on a house. No crane access and no other high point to rig too............we got her off with little too more damage to the home. Took some planning though.