How'd it go today?

Worked in the rain for the most part, all day. I swapped some parts between vans, learned how to and then did some key cutting, rode along this afternoon, and got to skip out on my conference call.

Traffic was a bear the usual way home, so I took an alternate and made it home in record time. :D

Now if I could get over this allergy mess that's been annoying me since early this week. :pissed:

Outta class, headed to grab dinner then headed home. Hopefully I'll know if I cracked the head or blew a gasket or seal on my chipper, but it will likely be next week they said.

Water in the oil and it was burning oil like who done it. We'll see.

Tomorrow I need to grind stumps and do 2 other decent jobs (about a day and a half combined) without a chipper, that will be interesting.... I have a competition Saturday in sout Mississippi, I might have to miss it which won't be a good thing as the state match is next month.

A grab truck would be nice.... Someday, perhaps.

Tolerable. Sheared shrubs this morning. Bid 4 jobs and GOT THE CHIPPER CLUTCH INSTALLED this afternoon. I'll double check my belt tension and but the belt shroud on in the morning.

I worked on the lights of my dump trailer this morning (melted the insulation welding up the frame) wifey needed a ride to the doctors office at 9:00, she was 10 minutes late so they rescheduled for 11:00 came home and did a little more of the same and then my guys arrived. Took the wifey back to the doctor at 11:00, picked my son up at school at 11:20, took the guys and the truck out to the job site, got a call to pick up the wifey. Went and got her, me and the guys slayed a 30" dbh eucalyptus, and loaded a couple of loads of wood from yesterday. I have 13 stumps to grind tomorrow and I have aother job to go to about 20 miles away, where I will be chipping tumbleweeds. Had no idea the tree business was so glamorous. Yesterday we chipped 12 cypress trees that were full of pitch. My chipper chute is coated and the chips barely come out the end.
Good job Skwerl. Sounds pretty wild with the crane. I wouldn't have had the presence of mind to get a rope to get the hook off the wires. I would have been too busy running. Did it mess up the electrical system on the crane?

Congrats getting the chipper fixed Justin.

I'm working doing the typical boring stuff minus the chipper, fixing to throe a load of oak bits in the back of the truck, then take the lift to remove a broken limb over a customers driveway.

Busy busy!

ETA I loaded a rather large piece of pine today with the min into the chip trucki, 6.5" long, about 24" in diameter, around 900-950 lbs. 8)

Rotax is Bored

Here I am sitting at a 1.2 million dollar 7 axis lathe with 6 hours to go and not one job in site. This is going to be one long shift.

Rotax

Fell a few more trees and wrapped up my little felling and bucking job today, man I love cut and run jobs. Then went and killed a cedar shrub/tree at a complex to round out the afternoon. Easy peasy, I thought I was gonna have to pull a few of the trees on this felling gig, but ended up wedging them into their proper spots no problemo. Good day!:thumbup:

I work in reasearch and developement for a great big airplane company. There is'nt realy anything we can't make. mostly I make one of a kind parts (prototypes) that some engineer dreams up and that you may see in a few years. It is not a nut and bolt thing, it is complex parts say like a boat prop or turbine fins etc.

Rotax

Yeah, I've seen pictures of your 'boat prop'. Where's those pictures of your homemade airboat? I know they're floating around here somewhere...
:/:

Cool I remember ya saying who ya work for Rotax, so you are the man who makes the plans meet the metal. Cool!

J-bred I've been around just not posting quite as obnoxiously!

And don't forget the exotic alloys too!

I'd still like to get some time at the helm of this Matsuura 5 Axis. :/:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QsmiIeAkE-o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QsmiIeAkE-o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Heck I'd settle for a having a set up bridgport, and a decent 16" x 40" lathe. Uncle has a Honda 200S with a rotted frame and exhaust, just begging to made into a small hotsaw. :D

It was another long day here. Started out with a call here in town, and then we really hit the road from there. Finally left work after 6.

Now I'm ordering my uniforms.

Back