How'd it go today?

I Just came in from building a modular trim section to go around the tub Tomorrow, I am going to try and finish staining and painting the trim so I can put it up on Tuesday.

Climbed a three story house on the rain gutter downspout, to reach
some wysteria. Probably the sketchiest thing I'vedone without a saddle.

Honestly I guess I was a little scared. Only beause I was alone.

But Hey I got paid and lived.

D.

I tried to get all of my loose ends tied up before heading off to the Great White North on Monday, still have some packing left to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Climbed a three story house on the rain gutter downspout, to reach
some wysteria. Probably the sketchiest thing I'vedone without a saddle.

Honestly I guess I was a little scared. Only beause I was alone.

But Hey I got paid and lived.

D.

That's the kinda stuff that can get you killed. :(

Went for a bike ride with my good bro, Takashi, goal-in was the lakeside Italian restaurant for our usual over indulgence. On the way back we passed this little pavilion (a roof with no walls) in a rural park. I said, "Let's take a break there". We parked our bikes, and had just walked into the place when I see my friend grab his head and start to hightail it out of there. What the hell?...and just then the big wasps were on me too. I got hit in the lower back and on the wrist, but my friend got his head swarmed with 8-10 stings on his scalp and face. There was a huge nest under the roof, about the size of a volleyball. He sat down, his head in serious pain, and started to turn white. We called an ambulance on the cellular phone and they showed up and took him away. I was really concerned, it wasn't the Giant Asian Wasp, but the next one down in size and degree of poison, and he wasn't looking too good when they took him away. I thought he was going into shock, what can happen from these stings, and people die.

I telephoned his wife, told her what had happened, and asked her to pick me up with the bikes on the way to the hospital. She never appeared, so I figured she had gone directly to the hospital. I hid one bike in some tall weeds and rode back to my shop. I soon get a call and learn that my friend's wife was in a major car accident on the way to get me, got smashed by a big rig truck and trailer that had tried to pass her just as she made a turn. Fortunately she he is alright, just some bad bruises, my friend is OK too, their car is totaled.

I just got back from picking them up and taking them home. What a day!

Think ive had alcohol poisoning today feel a little rattled, vodka will do that..

WWB, glad to here everyone was OK. Did you report the nest to the local officials?

Wow thats a day and a half WWB,one bugger I wouldn't want to repeat,glad your friends are ok though..

Think ive had alcohol poisoning today feel a little rattled, vodka will do that..

I think any more booze this weekend and i'd be in the same boat..From now on i'm fully respecting the liver..8)

I've not been kind to my body this weekend.
The workweek izza whole 'nother story. Gotta be clean & sober for that
Hey, bring it.

WWB, glad to here everyone was OK. Did you report the nest to the local officials?

Yes, Darin, kids go there to play. I alerted a farmer cutting his rice nearby, and he said that he'd pass it along to the local city official in charge of such things.

Thanks guys, it could have been a much worse day had the injuries been more serious. My wrist and back are all swollen up from those stings. For some reason it is a bad time of year to get near those wasps, they are very aggressive now. They have been warning about it on TV.

Yes, Darin, kids go there to play. I alerted a farmer cutting his rice nearby, and he said that he'd pass it along to the local city official in charge of such things.

Thanks guys, it could have been a much worse day had the injuries been more serious. My wrist and back are all swollen up from those stings. For some reason it is a bad time of year to get near those wasps, they are very aggressive now. They have been warning about it on TV.

Jay, I missed your earlier post. Glad ya'll are all okay. Here is to a better day tomorrow!

Thanks V, think I'll take it easy today.....that's a good start. :)

Dang, Jay.
I've got atleast 3 jobs waiting on the wasps to be "done"... Does anybody know when that is ? For real ? I need the work, need to follow through, but I'm skeerd o' wasps & hornets !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went for a bike ride with my good bro, Takashi, goal-in was the lakeside Italian restaurant for our usual over indulgence. On the way back we passed this little pavilion (a roof with no walls) in a rural park. I said, "Let's take a break there". We parked our bikes, and had just walked into the place when I see my friend grab his head and start to hightail it out of there. What the hell?...and just then the big wasps were on me too. I got hit in the lower back and on the wrist, but my friend got his head swarmed with 8-10 stings on his scalp and face. There was a huge nest under the roof, about the size of a volleyball. He sat down, his head in serious pain, and started to turn white. We called an ambulance on the cellular phone and they showed up and took him away. I was really concerned, it wasn't the Giant Asian Wasp, but the next one down in size and degree of poison, and he wasn't looking too good when they took him away. I thought he was going into shock, what can happen from these stings, and people die.

I telephoned his wife, told her what had happened, and asked her to pick me up with the bikes on the way to the hospital. She never appeared, so I figured she had gone directly to the hospital. I hid one bike in some tall weeds and rode back to my shop. I soon get a call and learn that my friend's wife was in a major car accident on the way to get me, got smashed by a big rig truck and trailer that had tried to pass her just as she made a turn. Fortunately she he is alright, just some bad bruises, my friend is OK too, their car is totaled.

I just got back from picking them up and taking them home. What a day!

Damn! Sorry to be so flippant in my earlier post, I missed this! Lordy! :\:

I totally missed this, too. Gawddamn, Jay, that's bad pizza.
I hope with all my heart that things turn out O.K. So sorry, bro.

And i thought the bees where bad!! Crickey lads watch the stinging things, they can and have KILLED people..

Hope all is getting better with you and your freinds..Derek

Wow Jay-when it rains it pours!

It sure does it started raining here at 4 am and hasn't stopped yet! the forecast says it won't stop till the morning,thats 24 hours of heavey rain,parts of Norfolk are flooded..

Thanks everyone. I called my friend and he said that both he and his wife are recovering well. It was just one of those days that is beyond reason. I was really blown away by the hostility of those hornets, never really even much thought about it before. I was told today that the reason for such aggression is that during this time of year, the hornets are warey of being invaded by the larger Giant Asian Wasp, which will dessimate their nests if they get in. So, we were victims of the insect wars!
I'll be watchful for those nests from now on, my stings are itching like crazy now, and still pretty swollen.

Jay, It is most effective when they are fresh but you may still find some releif by rubbing the stings with ammonia.

Back