How'd it go today?

Today proved to me a theory I'd been suspecting >>> When things are really slow & sluggish, I tend to follow suit in that I'm lazy & non-committal.
Weird, ey ?
I want desperately to save for winter, but I find myself with a, "Who gives a rat's ass?" attitude when people / customers want to be noncommital.
??????
Anybody else ???

I lost my Day planner with every work contact for the last year.

Last week I lost my wallet.

I better find my way soon or I'm gonna be pissed.

That sucks Deva. I'd be lost without my day planner.

Yesterday, I think I pushed my psychotic ground guy too far and now I am a one man band again. I have two or three big jobs that I was hoping to use him on before setting him lose for the winter. It was kind of funny when he told me about the job he got and how they matched funds on 401Ks. This from a guy that has been telling me day in and day out that the apocalypse is near.

Oh well, he was nuttier than a fruitcake but I will miss his hard work and diligent clean up.

Man...wonderful day going on so far....I am sitting here catching up on homework. It's in the mid 60's outside and the window is open. The smell of freshcut grass is drifting in where I just finished it. I have my music playing here in the background...how about ya'll?

Took the day off myself. Working around the house. My justification (as if one is needed) is I am working Saturday. Taking today off is my way of keeping the balance!

We got a lil contract to drill 1100 planting holes with the mini. All is going well today, so we should be done early this evening. Spent most of the day yesterday working the bugs out.

I don't know Craig,you'd stop to do your boot laces up and find $50 laying next to ya..

Not Craig, He stops to do his bootlaces-takes off the boots set his toes on fire and does a dance, finds a $50 plus a hot serving of fish and chips and a bottle of beer, scarfs that, gets a call and scores a $999,000 contract squeezing in on the bid $1 per tree lower than his competition. That is our Craig-Rborist1 for just cause.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alrighty then! Another week down and I still have all my fingers and toes! Time to enjoy a Fire Mountain buffet, it's meatloaf friday! Whoo Hoo!!!

Not Craig, He stops to do his bootlaces-takes off the boots set his toes on fire and does a dance, finds a $50 plus a hot serving of fish and chips and a bottle of beer, scarfs that, gets a call and scores a $999,000 contract squeezing in on the bid $1 per tree lower than his competition. That is our Craig-Rborist1 for just cause.

Damn straight Justin!:D:lol:

That sucks Deva. I'd be lost without my day planner.

Yesterday, I think I pushed my psychotic ground guy too far and now I am a one man band again. I have two or three big jobs that I was hoping to use him on before setting him lose for the winter. It was kind of funny when he told me about the job he got and how they matched funds on 401Ks. This from a guy that has been telling me day in and day out that the apocalypse is near.

Oh well, he was nuttier than a fruitcake but I will miss his hard work and diligent clean up.

Darin, sorry to hear you lost the guy, but you bout had me rollin!:happy7: :happy7:

Hmmm took the afternoon and started cutting some more mouldings.....I am finally ready to start again after taking 6 weeks or so off from the remodel.

not bad. met up with the site super at a new hospital construct site, viewed 2 trees for pruning estimate. maybe a good long term contact. went to a residence, spent half hour with homeowner lady talking about her trees etc, estimate to follow. got gassed up for 91 cents a liter (not bad with two 70 liter tanks).. took wife for sushi supper, headed to couch for some tv and veg time. saturday brings a small retaining wall repair, pruning seminar for a nursery, a 5 tree arbo report and a 6 sequoia PCH advice visit. Sunday is another pruning seminar at another nursery. good times.

Rain. Ground 2 stumps and then went prowling for deer-Got rained and snowed upon, thoroughly wet and...it was great. Went up a drainage that was a neat little microcosm-Ponderosa ,Juniper, Oak, Alder, Rocky Mountain Maple, Doug fir, Alpine Fir , Spruce, Currants and way cool rock formations. Saw a doe and watched her for a while from within bow range but my tag is for antlered.

Thanks Butch the monkey cheered me up a bit. I have been working long, hard hours on a job that I bid embarrassingly low. My customer took pity on me and added a couple of bills to the total. It has become obvious to her that my bid was too low.

I finally got motivated to clean a couple of my chainsaws, then took a nap.

Thanks Butch the monkey cheered me up a bit. I have been working long, hard hours on a job that I bid embarrassingly low. My customer took pity on me and added a couple of bills to the total. It has become obvious to her that my bid was too low.

I had that happen many years ago when we started the biz too. Only thing is I refused to take her money on the jobsite saying "a bid is a bid", so she sent me a couple hundred bucks at Christmas!

Back