How'd it go today?

My day

I had a nice day - felled a dead tree, crown lifted a few more...nice and sunny, all good.

However my day was soured somewhat when I caught a guy (that recently ripped off my parents for a block paving driveway) hammering an advertising board in to a nice lime tree with some big old nails. I pulled over and told him that he shouldn't do that as it was harmful to the tree. He responded by saying "it's ok, they are masonry nails that the council gave me".!!

Bloody fool, as if the council would encourage free advertising by banging nails in to their trees. People like him make me mad! I might go out later and take all his signs down.

T... around here I have seen a tree service company install those signs at about 30' up in trees along the highway... funny, a couple weeks latre they all had big gobs of grey paint on them ...

haha, I didnt do it but I am glad someone did!
:)

took the day off. did some banking, went to see the wife at her work, showed up at her lunch hour with a dozen roses in a little vase, box of chocolates for the other gals in the office. took her to lunch, went clothes shopping and bought her a jacket she hinted she liked. She is now the talk of the office and I am golden ;)

back here now, chilling.

Butch, YTF would you climb that tree before flopping it? The tree appears to be an easy flopper with lots of room.

Cancelled all my estimates todays cause of heavy rain............went out with my wife sofa shopping instead. The new one is gonna be here on Monday morning.

Talked to my boss today and he said we will prolly go to a Monday thru Friday work schedule October 1st!!! I'm happy about that! This 4 on 2 off BS is gettin' old. I only get an actual Sat. Sun. weekend with my kids every 6 weeks. I would still work some swing shifts but that is okay as long as I get Sat and Sun off.

Woo-Hoo!!!:) 8) :) 8)

Gary

Talked to my boss today and he said we will prolly go to a Monday thru Friday work schedule October 1st!!! I'm happy about that! This 4 on 2 off BS is gettin' old. I only get an actual Sat. Sun. weekend with my kids every 6 weeks. I would still work some swing shifts but that is okay as long as I get Sat and Sun off.

Woo-Hoo!!!:) 8) :) 8)

Gary

Consider yourself lucky, Magnum. Unless I take vacation time, I NEVER, EVER get a weekend off. That's what you get when your job title is "Weekend Terminal Manager." I would KILL for a weekend off maybe once every two months.
:whine:

Consider yourself lucky, Magnum. Unless I take vacation time, I NEVER, EVER get a weekend off. That's what you get when your job title is "Weekend Terminal Manager." I would KILL for a weekend off maybe once every two months.
:whine:

Wow Higgy... You need to come over and borrow my Ferarri and take off for a week or so! HA!

Considering I spent many a "weekend" deployed on aircraft carriers over the last 20 years... I'll take whatever I can get.:)

Gary

The tattoo booth? :P

Nah.... there was too much white trash there....line would've been too long and the requests would've been too much. "No sir, I cannot squeeze in a full back tat of Robert E Lee and no you can not smoke your meth while I am doing it, or I am sorry, but no you can not get a Harley Davison Tramp Stamp....NEXT!"

And this concludes my 1000th post :D

Hmm, I just did a home imprvement project that employed the usage of crimped .22 blanks. God those powder actuated nailers are awesome. I had to set a form for a small concrete pour later this week(1-2 bags worth), and then I hung a new panel to cover the entrence under the house.

Back