How'd it go today?

Shoot, even the old part has no trees or shrubs, design a few of those in and it would all be nice imo

You can blame some of that on DED.
A LOT of the city trees in Copenhagen were elms. DED really changed the city.

Before:

turck_61472.jpg

And after:

kongens-nytorv-set-fra-taget-af-charlottenborg-krinsen-historisk-plads-magasin-du-nord-dangletere-det-kongelige-teater-stor.jpg

On that DED business I personally feel that given enough time the elms will make a come back .It might take the next hundred years but in time they will genetically mutate to overcome DED .

Architects have technical skills, like where the toilet pipes will go, but considerably fewer have a sense about good design and what will fit the site, or better enhance it. They can't really teach that.

Arcitecture changes .During the time those great buildings were built they were made to last 500 years .Some of them in this country were also .Unfortunately times have changed and that's no longer the case .

Yup Jay... What Willie said. They scent you also so the others can find you as well.....

Mistletoe job today, not terribly exciting. Rob took care of some down trees in a pasture and made firewood while I climbed and made a mess for him to clean up. Levi came with us and helped with wood and brush. Tree was so full of mistletoe and dead it looked horribly over pruned when I was finished. Live oak so it will come back with a vengeance :lol: Since I was working mostly solo today, I did the whole tree SRT F8 system. A real first with me on a prune or mistletoe removal. Redirects of the climb line were simpler, but I missed the control of the Ddrt system on limb walks. Had to rethink my climb route and plan. Went smooth though and every system has it's place. Fel;t good pulling it off and the HO was impressed as was the neighbor :)
Then went and dropped off some free wood to a family in need.
Then an estimate and got another job on my schedule :)
Good day :thumbup:

A frog drowner rain blew in so I'm resting at the moment waiting for it to blow over .

Moving stone left from the building addition and generally getting the place so it doesn't look like a junk yard .

Tom brought the skid loader so that helps .He's got a load of basswood on the dump truck he was going to haul to the landfill .Piss poor firewood but I think I'll dump it off for my wifes cousin .Poor firewood is better than no firewood .

Finally did those spindly pines for my brother, I flopped them all no issues. Tomorrow it's back down to IL for more storm clean up $$$$$$.:D

Was in a putzing mood this morning. Was falling asleep at the kitchen table when my buddy called asking to go riding. I gathered up and set off. Had a good time, ended up sliding out in a corner pretty good, all the bike fell on my right shin/calf, and continued to slide through the corner as I was on the ground. Thought I broke it, hurts like a bitch still. Work tomorrow is up in the air. I do need to get emissions done on my Yota, and some other things, so we'll see how I feel in the morning. :|:

Never thought I would say I was tired of climbing... I definitely want a spider lift for next year. Hello all sorry I've been a stranger.

Dang! Thought you fell off the face of the Earth orrrrrrrr something!

I'm tired of climbing, too.

Shopping day with Katy today down in the valley. She got home about 2:30 and off we went after her being up at 4am. She was tired but held up like a trooper. Bought the kiddos some school supplies and me some office goodies. Bulk food items. Some gear for camping for our up coming vacation in August. Took her out to dinner and came home. I think she is already asleep :lol:
Tomorrow I have to move a freezer over here to start freezing veggies from the garden. Then maybe a Strawberry Shortcake video fest for Lilly.
See what come of it :)

Very nice V .This pet rescue brings up a question that is on my mind .

The type your group is involved with is one type rescue but often times talked about on tree related forums is snatching a cat from a tree .I have to ask ,are the cats in the keys stupid enough to climb a palm tree and get stuck aloft ?

Very nice V .This pet rescue brings up a question that is on my mind .

The type your group is involved with is one type rescue but often times talked about on tree related forums is snatching a cat from a tree .I have to ask ,are the cats in the keys stupid enough to climb a palm tree and get stuck aloft ?

I have not heard of one doing that!

Finished a rocking chair and fed the garden. Went to the home center and ate a Big Mac. Some later odds and ends in the shop until 7:45.

Back