How'd it go today?

While I did a crappy little chipping job this afternoon, I scored a removal for the neighbor. Don't worry leaflickers it's already dead.:P

Good day, but a hard one. 7 hours to brash out the tree,& already taken 4 tons of chip and 3 of logs away. Just gotta go and ring the stem down tomorrow

got to take down 20 little oak trees today, did 7 or 8 myself while getting schoole don notches etc as its not my usual thing, hired on treeguyswife's, treeguy's climber. :) and chipper with truck. took us the day, tomorrow and the next its the two of us pruning about 50 more of them. Was a good day, I learned a fair bit and got to practice some of it too. the vid is NOT exciting to any real tree people, I am honest. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7tDhFHaJEE

Paul I tried a couple of times but my crap computer won't get the whole thing to load so I don't know how it ends. Ya need to swap your hands up (right on the trigger) and you'll be in a safer more natural position.:thumbup:

When dropping trees I find it easier and more natural to stand more to the side while making my back cut. That way it's easier for me to see/ judge how thick my hinge is and I'm less likely to cut through my hinge. Standing directly behind your cut and looking down at it, you have little ability to accurately judge where your cut is and where your hinge is.

It's not what you cut, it's what you leave that makes the hinge work. :thumbup:

Who loves Mulch?

Plenty of Mulch, but how much is enough?
It's taxing, it's not like climbing tree work at all.
I've been mulching and monitoring the same trees for almost two yrs now.

Weeds still poke through or browse in from the sides of the mulch.
I know nothing beats plastic.

PS. do the loader track marks make you think of soil compaction?

Red Oak, Woodbine & Queen in Toronto. 40" DBH, died in 1999-2000. 86' from the pin in the rear yard. Closed the street, police supervised traffic control, 1 20yd bin filled with wood. No pics right now our camera died, but numerous neighbours have been conscripted to email me theirs.

A wild tree, probably shouldn't have climbed. Crane was good for 5800lbs at 80' high - 80+' from the pin (Carl gets to guess the crane size)

I did our semi-annual shaping of the holly oak trees at the Quality Inn in Oakdale. Glorified hedge trimming.

To bad about the camera failure, that sounds like one to have documented.

Hey Deva, why oh why did they have to plant in the military grid fashion all over again?

Holy Hairballs Batman! My first job was pruning the dead center out of a Black Locust. Teeny tiny drop zone. Aargh, trying to pitch limbs out of that thing was like trying to bounce a fuzzball around a velcro covered room.

Flat tire on my trailer first thing this morning...Got that fixed,dropped one skid loader off on one job,went to pick up my other to move it to a different job.I got to where it was at,then realized I didn't have the key for it:X ..My dad had it because I had been letting him borrow the machine,so I had to wait on him to bring the key.Got it moved to the job,customer wants to hold off on taking out the trees now,so had to move it home and pick up the chipper to take to a different job...Basically spent the whole day running in circles..I'm gettin' ready to leave and go bid some jobs.

Well,in the last couple of days I put a set of rod and main bearings and installed a high volume oil pump in Mrs. Smith's Caddy.For reasons unknown to me the the danged thing was showing low pressure at idle,I could hear a rod knock.

I micked the rods,not out of round,plastigauged both rods and mains,about 3 thou clearance,not bad.Beats me?

Today I installed a new water softner,it's recharging,as I type.

Tomorrow I'm going to attact the Ranger again to see what in the world is wrong with that tranny.:what:

I did our semi-annual shaping of the holly oak trees at the Quality Inn in Oakdale. Glorified hedge trimming.

All the Florida Hollies have pretty much disappeared in these parts. A bacterial issue (can't remember the name) that causes what's commonly referred to as 'witch's broom'. Dieback in the tips (or whole leads) and ugly resprouting in tight clumps. No treatment once infected, just cut 'em down.
:(

Removed a crispy dead Cottonwood today, and a smaller Oak tree.

Was a cooker today!

So damn hot the sweat just kept rolling down my face, couldnt keep my glasses clean for more then a minute or two.

Aside from that it was descent day I guess. Now Im drinking down a few Mikes hard lemonades and gonna eat some grub, hit the shower and then just might hit the sack early tonight. The heat really takes it outta of you. I dont know how you southern folks can tolerate it so well. As much as I dislike winter and snow, on days like today, I day dream of the colder months.

Good luck getting the tranny out, Rangers can be quite a pain.

I just spent today running errands, and getting mom situated in the hospital again... same issue that put her in last year. So tomorrow, I'll probably finish the bathroom tile, and clean the house, some.

Thanks for that Jason, but I aint looking to get trashed tonight. :|:

I like Mikes on a hot summer day cuz its a bit more refreshing than a beer. Beer just makes me thirsty. Maybe I'll mix up a few Mikes cocktails this weekend though.

Back