How'd it go today?

Ok now I'm even confused.

I contract climb for this fello here and there. He called me because his bucket would not reach that limb (at least 25' away from it). The picture is deceiving, the truck is up on the edge of a hill and with the boom extended there was not enough reach. That's how the tree looked when I showed up, and yes it had to be climbed.

im whipped and i barely started on the trees i posted as there was a 100' pine uprooting. turns out it was a 60' spruce. so we knocked that out first. tommorrow starts the big wood:D

Natalie, is that the fellow I talked to a couple nights ago on the phone? he was asking me about reputable co's in the area and I mentioned that treeguy was my go to guy for referrals of work beyond my abilities... seemed to think that was a good thing. Hope he works out for you! :)

I just ran that by Tree Guy and he said it is. Hmmm...........did you know him from before?

Great news, Nat! Good luck to you and Tree Guy with your new crew, sounds like there's some great potential as long as the personalities mesh.
:)

Thanks Brian. We're really hoping it works out. It's hard to find climbers around here.

Natalie, apparently he and I chatted a couple years ago at a trade show and he thought I sounded like a decent fellow with some ties to the industry. Called me last week and asked me to call him back to offer any feedback, I did, we chatted and there ya go. Hope he works out for you! :)

I was getting diesel at a service station this morning when I got a call from my little sister's high school boyfriend and his FIL has a commercial building and he had a "large" limb fall from a tree in the parking lot, do I do emergency work? It was about 15 miles away and I went and the Bradford pear "large limb" probably could have been cut up and put in the back of a pickup. Well it only took 5 minutes to cut it into a half a dozen pieces and chip it. Charged him $250, seems like a lot for 5 minutes but it took me a half hour to get there and a half hour to return to the town I was in. Another frustrating thing was all the stop signs were all about 2 miles apart. The exact distance it takes to get my truck and chipper up to full speed.

Natalie, apparently he and I chatted a couple years ago at a trade show and he thought I sounded like a decent fellow with some ties to the industry. Called me last week and asked me to call him back to offer any feedback, I did, we chatted and there ya go. Hope he works out for you! :)

It's very cool to see the Treehouse making things happen for people. I hope it works out really well for you Natalie.

Thanks Paul. Your good words are appreciated. It was nice that by the end of the interview he was the one to say "I'd like to work for you." Now hopefully he will be a good fit and we can keep each other happy.

Nice looking pines to bad they fell over. Tell me those are ponderosas or else I'm losing my mind. Insurance work going good I trust?8)

ummm...
I don't think you're supposed to land 'em on the roof, Willie.
:O

Hey, keep practicing and you'll get it right one of these days. :thumbup:

yeah going good, 36 yards of chips! and yup pondorosa, very violent wind!
shoot brian i thought the shed would cushion the tree :)
which stubs butch? the ones holding the log to the house or the ones i left on the trunk to keep it from sliding/ rolling back into the shed :wink:

Last edited:
Back