How'd it go today?

I went in pursuit of the Spinney Mountain Monsters (Fishing) Broke off 4 and landed 1. Not typical! I finally quit blaming myself for setting the hook too hard and figured out that the tippet wasn't what it was labeled.

Well, I didn't do what I said I was gonna do as far as working short days until October. I was on my first job at 7:50 this morning and just got home from my third job about 15 minutes ago. I don't feel too bad, managed to keep myself hydrated and never got overheated today. Nice total of three paychecks for the day.

And I talked with a climber who wants to do what I've done and buy a bucket truck. I might sell him mine and upgrade to a newer truck. He's still 6 months away from doing anything, but it's a planted seed.....
:)

Tree work today (whats new?) and the last couple of nites I have been teaching myself how to drywall. I started with the den AKA "Treehouse room"
I am typing from a disaster scene.

Tree work today (whats new?) and the last couple of nites I have been teaching myself how to drywall. I started with the den AKA "Treehouse room"
I am typing from a disaster scene.

Been to that level of h&ll, served all of my time, hopefully. All I need to repair, drywall-wise, is a corner in the kitchen ceiling.

Long hard day here..Left out at 6AM..Got home about an hour ago.Same goes for tomorrow.

I got formally cited today for not wearing hearing protection. I was draggin the brush from the tree (100ft away from chipper) and got close to the chipper when a manager from another landscape company that hired us to do the work came by and saw me near the chipper without earing protection. He freaked out and called my boss and I got a mouthful and a written citation. Sucks cause I always wear PPE, and just happened to catch me when I was on my way to the chipper.

jp:D

I got formally cited today for not wearing hearing protection.........
Sucks cause I always wear PPE, and just happened to catch me when I was on my way to the chipper.

jp:D
Thats the way stuff works........ How many people you know that are dead or had an accident just because they did the right thing all the time.......

I have said a hard hat would not have had any effect on my accident. But I have thought a bit on that & I am not so sure.I always most of the time would wear my hardhat.But, that is where the problem was.
Safety that becomes a rituall will keep a lot of folks alive

my old boss got cited by osha once cause i for got to clip in the bucket. just a brain fart one time and osha was standing there!
today was 26 yards (2 full loads) of mostly dead oregon white oak. i was filthy dusty. but a pretty good day, we each got 25 dollar tip.

Nice Willie, I've gotten a tip a couple of times now and it's always nice to know that your work is apreciated. I always split it evenly with the groundy or whoever else I might be working with, sounds like you did too good on ya.

I did a couple of palm trees and a couple of Eucs. I have 2 bids about 20 miles away and I'm bushed, and I stink I'm pretty sure.

went fine. pruned a cherry then finished a condo job of pruning rhododendrons and tree lilacs. finally.... now I get to bill out. :D

6 Job sites today. 5 for one client. All within a few blocks of one another. 11 hours. I'm a tired pup.

Took down a huge water oak...Five feet in diameter at the stump...It made two whole loads of chips in my f-450...and that was just the brush.I was able to get two whole loads of pulpwood out of it and 1100 bd.ft. of timber..I have three more water oaks about this same size,and a red oak that is even bigger to remove from this job I'm on.I only got the one out of there today because I had a late start..I hope to get two more gone tomorrow.

Nice job paulie! I injected a yoshino cherry this year to stop shot hole fungus and early eleaf drop, I hope it helps.

in the northwest, all of our cherry shot hole is fungal-caused. The bacterial shot hole does occur in the southeast.

A fungus causes reddish spots which drop out
leaving shot holes. Once the hole appear the leaves
may drop. The disease is worse in wet weather.

Well, James when ya read this I hope you and yours were spared by the flooding.

Ha, I just came across this. We're fine - high and dry here in Austin. Couldn't get out to our land for a while - all the low water crosswings are flooded. And the lake is so full, the river is staying up instead of draining.

All good though. Thanks for asking.

Back