How'd it go today?

No doubt, I can't imagine, we never had a bit of trouble. Life is not fair but I wouldn't trade places. Makes you ponder things a bit

Sorry to hear it Willie, I know what its like, one of my sisters lost a baby that was full term and stillborn, rips your fuckin heart out. It still bugs me to this day, nearly 10 years later. The best thing I did, for me, was to touch the baby and say hi and goodbye in the delivery room, I was there a couple hours after the baby came out. They gave him a name and a plaque in the cemetery on the memory wall, rather than getting a grave site.

Sorry Willie, I've never known the heartache but know many that do, it's a rough time for all. I can't even begin to imagine the loss!

Haven't slept in three days so please bear with me.
My favorite Uncle died today, 76 with a heart attack, quick and dirty, good I guess? DAMN good man, always had a smile and joke, never a bad word to say about anyone, other than to rib them. Mechanical genius and a machining marvel! He has one piece of work I hope to get after the funeral to remember him by. A 1/2" rod, no threads on the outer 1" of each side, with a nut in the middle. He'd single point cut the threads, cut the rod, put the nut on, welded it back together and single pointed the threads so you couldn't even tell where the weld was.
The world lost a VERY good man today. Rest well Darrel, you will be missed.

Sorry for your sister in law Willie.

Sorry about your uncle as well Andy. At least you had the luck to know him. They are a dying breed, guys like him.:(

Sorry for your loss, Andy. Condolences for the SIL, Willie.

I am proud to report that my highest interest rate is now my four wheeler at 6.9%, 4.3 times lower than my highest this time last year (32k paid off in 12 months)! I've averaged paying off $56 a day since Feb 14, 2008.

Fantastic, Carl! :thumbup:
All my hard work this Spring is paying off as well. I was bummed a couple weeks ago because I wasn't seeing the dollars in the bank but it was the first of the month and I had just paid all my big monthly bills, plus a couple truck repairs last month. Been rocking it hard and in the last two weeks I've watched the dollars begin to pile up. Knocked down $5k of debt since the first of the month. :dance:

I'm taking a mental health day tomorrow. I have no idea what I'm going to do but at some point I may go test drive a new Mustang GT. 8)

Not yet, Butch. I probably wouldn't buy a new one anyway, there are serious discounts on used models with low mileage. I just have to make sure I'll be in good shape to upgrade the bucket truck in about 2 years.

Good deal Brian.
Sorry for your loss Andy.

I just got back to work today, after being sick for 3 days. Took down a large pine. Full chip box off one pine, that rarely happens. 2 loads of wood in the dump trailer. One small divot in the yard!

Sounds like good mental health exercise to me. I wanna go drive one of those rediculously priced new Dodge diesels!

Finished up a job I started two months ago. The mini performed so well, and didn't complain nary a bit......so I went and bought another one for twice the fun. Hey, everybody needs at least two, don't they?

A lot of running around today and dodging rain. Got a few loose ends buttoned up.

Day kinda started with a flop.... and ended with three more flops and an estimate. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 3
Nice.
I had a good day of property maintenance, the sun came out and it went smooth, two more like that and its the weekend!
Plus, I set up a tent in the living room, Bub is having a heyday.

Back