Page 1001 of 5345 FirstFirst ... 501901951991999100010011002100310111051110115012001 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 53441

Thread: How'd it go today?

Treehouser Sponsor

I imagine he's lucky thats all he's loosing!!! The housing market out there is cut in half or better in a lot of places!!

slayed 5 bradford pears.....1 and 1/2 truck...brushy MOFO's.Heavy ace'd brush, gotta love a mini
    a society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in

We pollarded a sycamore and deadwooded a valley oak. Good money day. Deva, there's no way you could hang on until the prices come up?

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Trimmed out a fruitless mullberry off a house and thinned it, dead wood etc. Some with a small poplar and a few lil trees lady had. Outty in 3 hours all chipped and raked etc. Then went and did a couple white oaks. Some manzanita. 1 hour. moved onto next job. Nobody home... Called it day and went home to set up more work... I am now almost booked till Nov. WOW

I put up a driveway gate with my brother today, really expensive job. Laying the final welds in the last hinge when they say, "I think we want it on the other side of the posts". Been home all day, they will pay for re-install, must be nice to have disposal money.

Came home and made a sweet tailgate for the chip truck.

Wow, this thread has over 1000 pages.
    trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them -unknown

"Today, me will live in the moment, unless it's unpleasant. In which case, me will eat a cookie". Cookie Monster

"Be as nice as your dog thinks you are"

We removed a dead black walnut today with the GRCS. It worked wonderfully. Then we deadwooded two pin oaks. I think it was our last 10 day for the season as it is already getting dark quicker. Things have been lean around here and I decided to just do the field portion of the Pacific Northwest ISA Conference here in Boise. I will miss all the classes, lectures and the CEUs that come with them. Instead I will continue my training in the field.

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Did I mention that we are almost caught up on our behind schedule chipping jobs since we got the chipper back??? YUP.. Life is good.. Only took a couple days off thanks to our downsizing clients. LOL
    Yesterday... an all day job turned into a one hour job of clean up cause of money issues... Hey if I can't make money on one.. I will on another.. Also .. I got paid. Even if I have to go back on the job.. I have them cut a check for the work done and then again to finish it.. So ... More pay for the work done..

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

Heck atleast you get to be there Darin.

I had to drive all over hells half acre this afternoon to replace a cement planter I broke last week. What a pita but no one to blame but myself.

I've got a full roster booked here now for the next few weeks and am hoping that my PI is healed enough to let me get through the days without to much frigging itching.

Might have my first bit of work with a crane coming up too. As long as the homeowner ok's the crane quote. Nothing crazy like y'all are doing just lifting the larger trunk pieces up and over a cemented in fence to the neighboring parking lot. Dead old lombardy's that'll get brushed out and brought down to the bigger stuff first. Still pretty excited about it though, it'll be a good icebreaker for getting a bit of a feel for a crane.

Learn to love the crane, Squishy.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    What a pita but no one to blame but myself.

Don't that bite a big one!