How'd it go today?

Why, if you don't mind me asking, would you cut a tree with a tool made to cut metal?:? :P

Why, if you don't mind me asking, would you cut a tree with a tool made to cut metal?:? :P

I'll bet if he falls off that ladder the hacksaw will go better for him then if he had a actual chainsaw. Maybe they're thinking safety :D

A fellow Canadian without a chainsaw, living in my neighborhood. Disgcraceful!

Nice pics nice read. Thanks for posting . Step is that lombardy popular>?

I can't resist a quick update they have cut (or whatever you call it) the last top left in the pic and looks like they'll have to take down the 'spars' another day.:D

Hacksaw huh? That would take forever. I can't believe they don't have a bow saw or something else.

I offer help to folks like that because I would feel responsible if they got hurt.

Darin, I can sort of agree to a point. But there is no way I can take personal responsibility for saving every idiot from himself. If someone asks for my assistance and I can help, then I most certainly will. But I cannot impose myself on people when my expertise is not wanted.

Who made you responsible for all the idiots? :? :P

Darin, I can sort of agree to a point. But there is no way I can take personal responsibility for saving every idiot from himself. If someone asks for my assistance and I can help, then I most certainly will. But I cannot impose myself on people when my expertise is not wanted.

Who made you responsible for all the idiots? :? :P

I feel you're agony Darin, I was once like that as well. I tried to "save" everyone as best I could. Then it came to the point I was getting blamed for destruction of property (less than what they would have done themselves) and unhappy wives mad about what "mean old Andy did" to the yard etc.
It sucks, trust me, I have the tools, I have the knowledge and the time, but in this day and age, it's better to just sit in the drive and drink you're iced tea, watching.
Andy

And I don't know why I wasted all that time and money on climbing gear and a bucket truck............when I already owned a ladder and a hacksaw :what: . This is happening right now like two minutes away from my house..................enjoy :D

I would have brought a chair and a cooler full of beer and watched that all day long..:D

He said they were neighbors. That works for me.

Yup, it's all good like that:lol:
I remember the idiot that lived across the street. I befriended them, helped them out a lot. When it was all said and done, he came on my land, he went to jail. He started another fight, he went to jail. I had to have the cops out once a week before he moved, it was to the point my wife was calling the law, not me!
Sorry, this has hardened me.
Andy

He said they were neighbors. That works for me.

You saw the pictures with the big decals I put on my truck right? My truck is in plain view for all to see. If that guy who lives like 10 houses away from me in a semi-rural area wanted my help he would've called me. I'm glad no one got hurt, as far as I can tell, but I'm not taking that on man.

I thought it was funny as all hell, for real a hacksaw I couldn't beleive it.

You saw the pictures with the big decals I put on my truck right? My truck is in plain view for all to see. If that guy who lives like 10 houses away from me in a semi-rural area wanted my help he would've called me. I'm glad no one got hurt, as far as I can tell, but I'm not taking that on man.

That's how I feel about that also. I'll give the neighbors a deal too, after all you only have to drive down the block or so to the job. I have one neighbor that I've never met who has a dead walnut tree and he has cut off the limbs hanging over his property but there are two large limbs hanging over the neighbors fence into his horse corral that have been sitting there dead for a couple of years now. My other neighbor who works for me sometimes was going to help him and asked me what to do. I told him how to do it but they would have to use some of my stuff and I'm not going to volunteer myself and my stuff just because he doesn't want to spend any money. Suppose I screw-up and drop a limb on the neighbor's new plastic fence. Now I'm really in the hole on the deal. Besides I have paying customers to take care of. OM you are too nice. If they are doing it with a ladder and a hacksaw I say there is some darwinism going on there. It looks like they have the hard part done anyway. The only neighbor that I would do tree work for free insists on paying me. By the way I really feel like avoiding work today.

I wasn't trying to lay any guilt your way Squishy. Its a personal call. I hope natural selection is still at play but I am not so sure. That movie Idiocracy seemed way too plausible for my taste.

I wasn't trying to lay any guilt your way Squishy. Its a personal call. I hope natural selection is still at play but I am not so sure. That movie Idiocracy seemed way too plausible for my taste.

That's cool OM, and I hear what you're saying as well. I have my neighbors that I know who I've done work for for reasonable rates or trade (my one immediate neighbor works for the local brewery and my other owns his own bobcat). It's just were do you draw the line right? I've never met this fellow, he's for sure seen my truck rolling by his place, ball's in his court I'd say. I figure he obviously didn't want to pay to have it done so he did it his way.

Nothing wrong with being a nice guy and helping out neighbors, it just needs to reciprocate is all. Just cause someone happens to live near me doesn't mean I'm working for cheap or free. I have neighbors who are builders, a heavy duty mechanic, welder, and on and on right. They don't come and help me renovate my house or fix/weld my truck for free and I wouldn't expect them to. 8)

Maybe it was mean of me to post those pics but I just couldn't beleive it was going down like that. I mean if the guy had called me I could've knocked those twigs down for him in 15minutes and would've been happy with a case of beer as payment. As it was he spent all day working on them and they're still standing. In a way I find it somewhat insulting that he wouldn't even bother giving me a call to find out what it would've cost him, but it's not like I'll lose sleep over it.

Not a bad day Turkey oak crown lift and bottom branch reduction,deadwood,and wind blown plum to drag and shove through the chipper,nice work ,but the 50m drag was a pain.

50 m ? is that a hundred yards roller? Today was my biggest tree job bid I have ever ran across. I have never bid a tree job so big.Spent 4 hours on the bid. 13,000. Est 3 dumpsters and 3 days. The pool being installed cost 42,000 $.

50 m ? is that a hundred yards roller? Today was my biggest tree job bid I have ever ran across. I have never bid a tree job so big.Spent 4 hours on the bid. 13,000. Est 3 dumpsters and 3 days. The pool being installed cost 42,000 $.

Sweet sounds like a nice job Robert, congrats.

Thanks squish, the dude was 62 yrs old he had put 17 yrears in as a seabee in the navy went thru SERE school (Survival Escape Resist Evade) school back in the 60's and dont draw a dime after 17 yrs from the government.

Nice easy day. First job I laid down 6 trees and cut up and had the groundies stack it. Next job rigged down an oak, dropped a pine and elevated another oak over the house lines. Nice half day which is cool by me with temps at 100 plus humidity.

Back