How'd it go today?

I stopped watching tv and weather in July.

Something tells me you'd be happier in Alaska or Idaho or somewhere off the grid besides CT, the state ass deep in rules, regs, debt, high taxes, lots of traffic, unions and mega pensions, people moving out en masse. Even the illegals are moving out because it is too costly to live. Some of the folks staying they work literally from can to can't 6 days a week and yeah they are paying the bills no problem and oh yeah btw they aint banking anything.:barf:

I took a day off to travel to the mainland with the mail order bride and look at a horse, we might buy.

A massive Ardennes, that have been pulling logs out of the woods in Sweden.

Nice personality, albeit kind of phlegmatic. Forestry horses get used to all kind of stuff going on, so they are hard to spook.

Was okay to ride, but the earth shudders when he gallops. He would be great for riding those pesky mountain bikes down in the woods.

I liked him, but it is not my call.

P1050822.JPG P1050825.JPG

Butch, her English and knowledge of America history is not good enough for her to understand the meaning.
If I were to explain it, she'd laugh a lot over it.
She laughs at most things.

Her name is Margot, but most people here don't know that.
They know who the mail order bride is, though.

That's a hell of a big horse. Funny enough timing we had a breakout of the inmates last night. Frigging horses and miniature donkeys everywhere. Asses are mischievous escape artists.

Cool, Jimbo.

Stig, that horse is indeed stout as hell, wow!

Is it weird that I think they should just plant a nice tree instead of cutting down a beauty every year?

Anyone know what happens to the condemned tree after the holiday season?

Seems I read one year where they cut down a real nice tree in someone's yard to take to DC. People are strange.

Anyone know what happens to the condemned tree after the holiday season?

Seems I read one year where they cut down a real nice tree in someone's yard to take to DC. .

The tree gets chipped up, trunk gets ground up.

They frequently cut a "nice tree" in someone's yard for the Rockefeller Center tree in nyc. Usually it is a tree that might get taken down anyway cuz it's getting too big for the yard, or people just want their tree to be 'the' tree that get chosen and they put it up for the competition. Usually the tree is within I would guess 50 miles of NYC

Nice ride Page, gotta be better on fuel than the truck.

Hey Jim, last years Christmas tree came from just up the road. I see the stump on my way to work everyday. Our district forest ranger (a friend of my wifes) followed that tree clear to Washington DC. They made many stops along the way so people could check it out. I wonder why they don't just plant a nice tree too.

I haven't seem that but why wouldn't they just use a man lift or bucket?

I guess they need more bodies working (30,000 lights) than a few buckets could provide.

I imagine they need the scaffolding to hold all those lights and equipment.

Easy day of removing a broken off, dead, crispy fir from a maple. Bid two jobs at the same place and neighbor's house for maple removals. One for a multiple times times topped, dying maple with tons of burl and music wood,if not rotten. Luckily, its over the well, electrical box for the well, and a light. Utilities can be taken down. Other maple is just pruning, hard, hard leaning maple over the house, growing out from under the neighbors 4' firs, over the house and new fence. GRCS will help on that job, and get its trial run for me.

I could possibly use a 60' genie-lift, but probably too short.

Been nice having my old employee back, while laid off from his $32/ hour iron-working rigging Union job. No FNG non-sense. He plans to go home every day in one piece, no near-misses. Good communication. Gears all turn at the same speed. Too many FNGs want to try to change gears, turn them at different speeds, not lube them, when told to turn the gears, they want to ask if its really what should happen, if its shouldn't be the way their couple months experience makes them figure it should be done.

He's happy to have the work. His wife stopped by to meet me while she was in town, and brought homemade BBQ sauce and Blue Dream.

Well, turned out we didn't win the bid for the logging contract in the lical State forest.
Some little 1 and a half man gypo outfit bid way lower than us.

I think trying to do it at that price will break them, but that is not my problem.

Now I'll have to get back to the State forester we've been logging for the last two winters and set something up there.

Winning the other one would have been nice, because it is way closer to home.

Sean I like the gear analogy. It's crazy how apprentices/greenhorns always try to get things their way over the senior guys. Makes them feel smart when people wish they would just STFU.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back