How'd it go today?

I don't think that's how you're supposed to do it, Deva. Many climbers who have that happen don't get the opportunity to talk about it afterwards.

Yeah... I was thinking about a friend who told me the only tree he had fail was a dead birch.

They're gross and soggy/spongy.

Live another day. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What a frigging roller coaster!

I was coming back from Malta yesterday to help dad do a compression test on his plane. He is thinking about selling it and wanted to be sure the compression was good.

Along the way our Lead Instructor for the EMT class called and convinced me to come take the final State test for licencesure. I had not been studying because I am in full farming mode. She said come take it anyway.

Took the test last night and failed it. I was very disappointed in the test, it did not seem like it was in the spirit of the class.

So, after a sleepless night I got out of bed and started reviewing all the stuff that was vague to me.

About 4 hours into that process I got a call from the lead instructor telling me to stop studying immediately. Sorta thinking that I was beyond any attempt at improvement at this point.

Turns out I did indeed pass the damn thing last night. The test we were taking was a pilot program, but we were not allowed to know that going in. They just wanted us to take it and see how we did, so that they could adjust the test accordingly.

The normal threshold for pass is 70%, last night it was incorrectly set at 90%.

I actually scored in the high 80's, but did not know that last night. Still dont know that for sure, they would not tell me the exact number.

It's finally over.

Now to send my money to the state with a confirmation number.

Still glad I did it, going from an EMR to EMT is a good step.

I did a storm work on a sweeping willow today, cleaning the wreckage and reducing the last long limbs. There was a very flat bird nest with eggs in it ("on" it actually) in the middle of a bunch of skinny limbs, far away from the trunk. At the end, the nest was still there with its eggs.
I was happy with that :)

Congrats jim. That 's the only good kind of mistake the state makes.

SO while all else was going on.. My job for the last three days kept changing parameters along a drive way over a class two creek. I used the local crane to pick out two crispy dead oaks on the creek bank and placed the picks on the road to process. The shat just fell apart when the crane lowered it to the road. Tied off on the ball, rigged it and got down on some decent wood to cut. Had to tie some together .... most balanced out nice. Crane guy had almost no visual on me so the Senas were critical. He had to lift every thing out of understory and over it and other trees. Only a couple photos and picks. 4 hours with the crane.... Kept the boys (two) on the ground quite busy.... Then I pruned out some oaks (crown raised) for a 5th wheel coming into the property.. Fast paced 3 days. Pushed the brush and trees back for the road... The 5th wheel clearance was an add on. Couldn't drive the trucks down that drive with out losing a mirror. Now, no worries if a semi came down it.
Dad ended up in the hospital. Infection and lung issues. He has been run down with my sister passing. No dad would do well with this.
Then today the white flat bed started spewing fuel first thing this morning... Just can't catch a break.
Fodder
tmp_2190-IMG952283138851016.jpg tmp_2190-IMG952281-664192590.jpg tmp_2190-IMG952288-1566304324.jpg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x-b5yKa0FqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GPePMsWUGCQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry to hear Stephen. When it rains..........

Thanks everyone. Glad to be done.

Went to the officer's meeting tonight and got to see "my" new chainsaw. Fire Department bought a MS 661C with the wrap handle.

32 inch bar with a full comp chain. Probably would have preferred a skip, but the general consensus is that a full comp chain is better for some fire work.

Of course they have to buy big, heavy stuff for me to pack around.

You are a wildman, Jim!!!! Great news on the test and passing the State. EMT is a fine thing to be.

Ugly tree, Stephen...cool to see you using a crane there.

Gotta go trim palms today. Got rained out Tuesday and never got the cover on the bucket, then it rained for the last 2 days. Was raining this morning when I got up. So my first task this morning was dumping the nasty sawdust water out of the bottom of the bucket. My driveway is mush also, so I'm going to make some major ruts getting out of the yard. Oh well, gotta take the good with the bad.

Grendle that FF sprayer rocks, super fast and easy!

.Ha! that is true. In Minecraft that is called "dual wielding"...a badass fighting technique. Used to slay big A$$ dragons and creepers.

Or, in Stephen's case, a nasty crispy oak.

:lol:
I just added the larger saw once I got the little stuff cut. Then dropped the smaller after it was lifted out. Only had to sport two for 1/2 hour or some such.

Thanks for the thoughts and such. Tree work helps me keep focus. Time around the house is what kills the spirit.. And trucks breaking.. Or bills piling up.... You know the drill... Waiting on a call about my dad tonight. Two nights so far in the hospital, they did not like his white cell count.
Seth Graduated middle school tonight with honors and a presidential award.
Hey Jim......
Congrats mang.

Back