How'd it go today?

It is not that you lower the raker, but file a angle leaving the raker shorter on the front.

This.

You're the man Reddog. I always do this even to the pico-micro stuff, which makes the top-handles WAY hungrier, albeit with proper raker height.

Nah, Grendel I just thought that you might be square-filing or something. For a long time I thought that it was a lot easier to square-file .63, that .050, but now I don't think it really matters. If you round-file, (Come to think of it... I wouldn't know about Carlton, but with Oregon at any rate) .63 can be nice, cause you can still get a mad hook in the side-plate even when your chisels are down to the nubbins, without cutting into your tie-straps, while still using a 7/32" file, which is better than going to a smaller file, cause you can still grab on with both hands, and put some heat on it.

Piss Fir part 2 today... Man, I forgot to take a pic on the pitch-blisters on that pig! Stickiest pig I've done in some time. Ray: The winch to the block in the Cedar plan worked out sweet. Man, I hate lugging that stupid GRCS around, but when you need it, it's just the coolest thing in the world. Thanks, Gregg Goode.

unnamed-390.jpg unnamed-385.jpg unnamed-389.jpg unnamed-387.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-388.jpg
    unnamed-388.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 52
  • unnamed-386.jpg
    unnamed-386.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 52
Holy shit! A beautiful Airstream!!!
As a matter of fact an Ohio product .Jackson Center Ohio is about 30 miles from me .My working bud when I worked construction was married to the daughter of the manager of Airstream .The FIL was an affectionato and restorer of antique tractors and had about 50 of them .

I put my bud onto a 1950's vintage Airsteam that was later refurbished at the factory and it looked as good as when it rolled of the assembly line years prior .

Jed, you sure get some fun looking jobs.

Took my Sister to the hospital today...having pain in head and shoulders...ppumped her up with morphine and sent her home.:|:
Headed out to listen to some friends play music for a bit.

Sweet Dave, sorry about sis, though.

I've got a rediculous Red Oak I have to prune tomorrow. I intend to measure it, to find out if there's a champion, and if so, where that pig is, because, I'm danged if this one isn't in the running. Tons of decay. Old pig. The lady wants to take it down, but the smart folks keep talking her out of it. I'm on the fence as always. :|: Pics tomorrow, I hope.

Did some educational climbing with some fireline, prescribed burn guys at a local state park . Great day for it and the specimen tree was nice. Feels good to rec climb:)
First timer in the tree he's hooked.
32e5e99a61187fbfa7ccc8682b9db6fd.jpg

The view.
d93c51231f546c99ffab646ef9ad5b2c.jpg

7c2d302ac155bc172fddd0819c041271.jpg

Thought this one especially cool as well.
0a0a275ae9d7c80da00468fee40aa071.jpg

I don't know why people think I'm stupid or something .So after about 18 years a freakin brake line went bad on the Ranger .I have no time to work on it so off to a shop .I get a call ,a thousand bucks,WTH .

It seems they broke the back bleeders off and thought that would convince me .It did, they obviously don't know how to unstick the damned things . Not a big deal I guess as I can do the whole freakin thing for under 200 with new pads ,shoes and lines. Not to mention now two wheel cylinders at 15 bucks each .Once again proving my own labor must be worth over 200 bucks an hour . Mumble grumble .

I hate wrenching, but I don't trust anyone else to do it. I can do a complete brake job on the Grand Cherokee, rotors,pads,calipers for under $400.

I tell the old woman that every time I open the shop doors, I save her a couple thousand dollars. Its true!

I probably do 30 or 40 thousand dollars of my own work a year, at least that much. Sorry those mechanics did not know what a little heat can do for a stuck bleeder Al.

Crazy post, Al. Did you give em a piece of your mind??

Good mechanics are priceless. Artists.

Sorry to hear about crooked mechanics.
between training the one guy and testing out the bosses new hired climber I ain't even had time to put a squirrel in the pan. Ready for the weekend to put a couple local pest in retirement.

Finally got my F 250 running after one of those types of mechanics had it.
Almost all fixed but runs and works.
Took a maintenance day with Louis and got some more wiring on trailers done. Also fixed my 044 after it got ran over. Happens I had a good fuel tank assy in the shop on a parts saw. She runs all better.
Crew worked on some pine removals with Rob...
Seemed a good day.
Cooking some turkey soup :)

Well, evidently when I took my Sis to the hospital my dog went out...haven't seen him since. spent an hour or so looking but no luck so went up to listen to my buddies play...home now and he's still not back. Guy working down the road said he saw him headed back this way earlier but still no sighting...hoping he shows up on the porch like he did last time. Not wearing his collar so bets are off finding him if he doesn't come back.

Usually the case Sean...We've lost a couple being so close to the expressway though...wait & see I guess...I posted on a couple local pages in case someone might see him again.

Dang Dave I hope he comes back. Chop has done that to me a few times and I couldn't sleep. He'd come back from whoring around about 3 am and howl till I let him in.

Having a rough time lately. My wife has been "sick" and the kids rule the house while I'm at work. Still putting in 10-12 hour days and coming home to help out. Cuts in to the time I have to check out the House. I haven't taken any work pics as of late and was hoping a recently joined member would decide to log in and post a few but guess he's busy too. Gonna go open my Treestuff box and enjoy for a few before I crash

dam dave he will be back when he gets hungry or whoring around like richs dog I hope

rich that's a cool name chop, love it

I tell the old woman that every time I open the shop doors, I save her a couple thousand dollars. Its true!

I probably do 30 or 40 thousand dollars of my own work a year, at least that much. Sorry those mechanics did not know what a little heat can do for a stuck bleeder Al.
There's another way to shake a bleeder loose .You take a welding rod and insert a small section in the bleeder before you wrench it .The bleeder is basically a tube with thin side walls which can collapse if it's rusted .The rod holds the walls from collapsing --most of the time.

I've got a little 3/8" impact wrench and would have used about 20 PSI of air pressure .It's not a big deal,I was just letting off steam .:)

Back