How'd it go today?

Posted this in another thread, but what the heck. Cut up a good portion of our winter firewood today. Burned up a whole gallon of mix gas. Got some 20 somethings coming back tuesday to start splitting and stacking it. mwhahaha 8)

DSC03970.JPG

It was a beautiful day
sybu3ama.jpg

Well I stripped the siding off two walls of my house yesterday afternoon and after a lot of scratching my head and hitting my thumb with the hammer I got almost everything back together with all new vinyl siding. Even painted the window frames and door ways. Even moved my front steps that went to no where so I finally have steps on my house. P.s. concrete formed steps are real heavy and after the first 10 feet by hand you decide to develop another plan lol

Replies to recent posts in this thread:

RegC - is that Mt Doug in the background? how did you take that selfie so high up? :)
Squisher. Bees, wasps, etc = PITA, Bald faced hornets = assholes.

Replies to recent posts in this thread:

RegC - is that Mt Doug in the background? how did you take that selfie so high up? :)
Squisher. Bees, wasps, etc = PITA, Bald faced hornets = assholes.

Mt doug would be behind the camera somewhere. Looking past me is North....so that arm that reaches into the ocean would be the bottom of Sidney, and the mountain past that is Saltspring Island. The photo was taken from by the climber in the adjacent tree, attempting to create a new eagle perch with some aggressive thinning of the top.

Pruned a 90ft sugar maple to clear a chimney someone installed way too close, for some reason, and gettin' ready to send a certain little girl to her first day of school tomorrow. She came 4 months early, weighing only 1 lb 6 oz, we were told she will be in a wheel chair, blind, can't speak and severely handicaped... guess she proved them wrong!
Other than being a little small, and missing a belly button from a burst bowel, she's good to go!

Went to the gulf fishing at 5am for sunrise on the water. Trout smoking now:D
And hired a youngster after climbing with him this afternoon. I will actualy get to be a groundie from time to time and get some other stuff done.

A friend of mine gave me the remains of a Jacobsen reel mower today. It has a 22 HP Kubota diesel engine with the radiator and all the requisite goodies to get it running. It will go well with the 8"bore 8' stroke hydraulic cylinder I'm getting from him for splitting logs.

Fair is finally done. One more trip back to the fair grounds to pick up Seth. He is working for one of the vendors tonight while we took all the critters and tools, ice chests, etc home. They needed help packing up and Seth got the job. 4-5 hours.

A friend of mine gave me the remains of a Jacobsen reel mower today. It has a 22 HP Kubota diesel engine with the radiator and all the requisite goodies to get it running. It will go well with the 8"bore 8' stroke hydraulic cylinder I'm getting from him for splitting logs.

For split rail fence? Pics would be cool

I'm still recovering from my two operations, but I did a little bodyguarding job today for a woman and her daughter.
The were going back to the former husband's place to pick up their belongings.
I only had to go along and look tough, and figured that as long as I could keep from limbing, I could pull that off.
As usual with that kind of thing, no trouble. It is amazing how the presence of a large ugly male chills those prone to violence towards women.:lol:

Since I need to find a way to build muscle around my arthritic knee, I'll buy a mountain bike today and start riding in the woods a couple of days a week.
I fugure doing off road riding will be a better way of training the smaller muscles around the joint than simply riding my road bike.

Any thoughts on that from those in the know would be appreciated.

Put a groundy up a spar to tie off the rigging line today. He is real eager to learn but can't shut up long enough to take instruction. Been here 6 months and can't tie a running bowline. Put his spikes on the outside of his feet. I let it play out for a bit but finally told him to turn them around. He still managed to put them on wrong again. I explained how to start out, but it didn't take. He just hugged the tree and tried to take too big a step. At 5 feet he looked awful. Sweating bullets, he couldn't breath and was asking for water. He tried to make it the rest of the way but only got another 10 feet or so. Then awkwardly slid down the tree. Wouldn't have mattered if he made it to the top cause he can't tie the knot anyway. That's ok cause I didn't need a rope in the tree either. When he got the harness off he said he instantly felt better. Said harness was too tight. Think it was fear! Oh well. Guess he's back to dragging brush and....well...just dragging brush

I hope your little girl had a good day RajE, she' a tough one.8)

Pulled something in my back on sunday putting wood on the fire.#-o Couldn't believe it, I carried those blocks one at a time up two flights of stairs to the truck, (about 1 ton) then brought them home and cut them in quarters a couple of months ago.

Had to do a job on monday before the weather went bad, branches over a roof and another small tree because the roofer was waiting on me. Started it and went to my back doctor/chiro about midday and he helped so I got it done ok and by the time I got home it wasn't too bad. Different story in the morning though, so had yesterday and today off. Rained yesterday anyway and pretty windy today, went back to the dr and he gave it another workout and it's not too bad tonight. Last time it happened he was off on leave and I was off for six weeks, tried another chiro and physio but nowhere near him. He's a Musculosketetal doctor and off to New Zealand tomorrow for a conference about that so I just caught him.

Back