How'd it go today?

FAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKK!

All of my surface water is poisonous......unsafe for cattle to drink.

Been sending off water samples to be sure.

Even a pond surrounded buy miles and miles of grass is poisonous.

So now, in this horrible drought.....even the water you have is bad. Good thing we bought a water trailer.

Its like walking through a gawddamn desert and coming across a oasis.....and you cant drink the water. We have grass.......just cant use the water in those pastures.

Mostly evaporation Jay.

As the water leaves, the minerals stay. So the water gets saltier and saltier. Kinda like the Dead Sea? Or is it the Red Sea? I dont know.

These ponds are not spring fed or anything, only relying on rain and snow to refresh them. A good run off in the spring will help flush the hardness out of them.

Thanks Jay.......seems like the hits just keep coming this year. I combined lentils today. In 8 hours I only gathered 120 bushels. So about 1.5 bushels per acre.

Not worth bothering with really, but I was there with the combine and I was just pissed off enough to cut.

Thats about all I have left Butch! The drought cant take that away...........I dont have my guitars listed on my financial statement!

Your resiliency is highly commendable, Jim. I know it can't be easy for you and your misses. "Country boys will survive".

Not worth bothering with really, but I was there with the combine and I was just pissed off enough to cut.

!

Any porkypines out there for you chase down, maybe perk up the mood a bit?!?

Hey sorry about the salty water. But an oltimer like you knows it'll all balance out over time. The Great Circle of life an all

Ha! If a porcupine was out there trying to hide, he should be fished out of the gene pool. Damn lentils are only 5 inches tall!

Thanks everyone.....it does feel nice to share the misery a bit! It wears you down.

Another thing we are watching for is Blue-green algae. Several cattlemen in the area have been losing cattle to b-g algae in the ponds.

I guess that shit is so toxic that you cant let a dog swim in it and you must wear rubber gloves when taking a sample.

Thankfully we dont have that yet.

So far the only plague we have not had in the last couple years has been grasshoppers and Mexicans.

I don't really know how your sort keep on going, Jim. I'd have long ago moved on to find an easier way to work very hard and lose lots of money.

The emoticons can help transmit what words don't always do. Try that, maybe. I know they help me get my frame of reference across.

I dont know if you meant your post earlier to be funny Burnham, but I laughed hard.

I posted a video of the poor lentil crop I was cutting yesterday....should have made that video today.....jeezlus it was bad.

When I watched it for the first time I was surprised to hear myself laughing right at the end. I guess sometimes emotions manifest themselves in strange ways.

Richard boy and I were cutting today and I startled him. I cant even remember what he was doing but I sat there and laughed so hard my belly hurt.

He was right pissed off at me by the time I was done laughing. I felt bad too, because I did not know what was so funny, or why I laughed so hard.

Back