How'd it go today?

1/4 turn on the flywheel crunches then seizes. Only back and forth. No full revolution.

Kohler command 25 engine. Getting deeper at the moment.

So home owner from where the PowerLine got hit called. I never heard word from PG&E on the deal. The had all our info. Property owner just got a bill for 15,000.00 due in 30 days !?
Wow... talk about bull crap.
So he is sending me a copy and I'll forward it to the insurance co. I guess.
My first claim in my whole career. This sux.

qpkl3.jpg

We happened upon somebody's secret garden of marihuanna in the forest today.

Fenced to keep the deer from getting high and the plants nicely staked.

Some had already been harvested, but with the wet summer we've had, I don't know if the quality is very good.
About to find out, though.
Got my pruners from the truck and cut a couple of sprigs to sample.

B9CFE0D5-88C9-43E3-807F-EAEBD278840A.jpg

:lol:...that's all I can say. You have some great stories.

My best ground guy got release early (to day)
I'm hoping he can stay out of trouble into this 3 big ass oak tree jobs done next week.maybe I'll pay him when we are done.he always gets in trouble when he's got money in his pocket.:?

I'm feeling kinda down right now. Had a long day pruning deadwood and storm damage at a trailer park. Threw the outrigger pads onto the NiftyLift while I drove it back to the trailer to load up and then promptly forgot to stick them in the truck bin. Got back to the shop and realized two of the four pads had slid off somewhere along the one hour drive home. :cry: That's about 20% of today's income lying on the side of the road somewhere. I think I'll have a large glass of bourbon to relax and stop fretting over it. :drink:

Make the next ones out of plywood and 2x lumber. That's how we make crane outrigger pads (dramatically thicker tho).

Update on the missing outrigger pads:

I'm feeling much better now. I called the customer (heck of a nice guy; we've been doing their trees for about 20 years or more) and asked if he wouldn't mind just taking a quick look down the street where I did a u-turn. I was pretty sure that's where they would have slid off. Sure enough, he found both of them. :rockon:

Back