How'd it go today?

I've hired a few smack heads in my time, it's not like weed (or booze) you can't hide it if you've just shot up.

Is this a work place where the use of heroin is tolerated.

More info please!

I must be old fashioned. All I need is that first sip of a cold beer after getting home to send me into paradise. A quarter of the can goes to my wife and son each and I only have one, so the habit can't be too bad.

Jay thats pretty tame of you.

Did a bid this morning, wealthy, well to do, educated etc nice people clients, investment property about to hit the market (property here has been booming). Sprucing up the yard for the sale. Guy wants me to take 1 foot off a 4 foot hedge outback, thats ok. Coming to the front I notice a semi mature euc, its literally 50% dead with bracket fungus. I point it out to him and hes pretty disinterested, says no thanks. It really should be a removal or "major deadwood job" and he'll get a better price on the property guaranteed.
Its just hard to fathom since they've put down decorative mulch n chit but are happy to leave something so obvious....

Good to hear about your boy Jay.

I had a rough day yesterday as a sub 16 medium ash + stumps wood stays. Got'er dun but 10 hour day chipping by hand my body is BEAT!

Geesh mate...chipping by hand! Your hands must be sharp edged ninja hands...can you alternate with your feet? :lol:

I picked up a nice gig yesterday, a large private school campus. Lots of trees to tend to as and when they need it. Management Plan already in place, and they will hire and collect machinery and have their gardeners work with us.

Good show Rajan and Fi!

Yesterday a walnut branch fell off a neighbour's tree and hit my GF's fence. Gabrielle is sizing up the job. Neighbour paid for clean up.
Had a limb to take down for a custy in Brantford, cut back from a neighbour's tree. But the neighbour nailed the gate between the yards shut. Custy insisted it was ok to climb, but I only climb trees with permission. Called off that job. I need 20ft pole saw so I can trim the limb back legally from custys property. Changed the oil in the f350. Wally world oil was only $50 for a 20l pail.

Today I changed the coolant and oil in the s10. Try to get some more life out of the girl. Spun up some spare loops for the trucks. Tree work is a bit slow, holidays and back to school next week.

20170830_081426.jpg

If that limb is the only one involved....what do you charge to do that?

Did you cut it up and haul it off?

(I don't think you have a chipper do you?)

In my mind I figure at least $100 to clean up a limb that size...wondering if I am way out of line? (I do have a chipper)

25ft long, 10 inch diameter. $80 and I threw it over into the GF's yard. ;)

No chipper, yet, but I do have a 8hp chipper/shredder from years ago. I'll cut up some sticks for the GF's firw pit and take the firewood for myself.

Two hrs. in my neighbour's tree (total from arrival to departure)...no clean up $150...how's that sound?

Making a few $$ change repairing saws too.

Latest is a little Stihl 021...people bought it for $50 at a garage sale...parts and labour to get it back to ok will be around $200
New bar (bent and burred bad on one side , prob never been turned) 14" GB bar and chain combo $56 AUD, pretty good I thought.
New drive sprocket (seriously worn out)
Needle bearing (destroyed)
Starter pawl (worn)
Side cover with chain catcher (plastic chain catcher gone)
Air filter (old one...well, guess)

Very lucky to have an on-line aftermarket parts supplier in state, free postage...parts are ordered and on the way :)
But IMO, a good little saw for a homeowner when it's going ok. Apparently it does run, they cut up a tree (showed me the bits) the week before they dropped it off to 'have it sharpened!'

It was filthy on the starter side too, I bet the original owner never took the starter cover off to clean it
My first chainsaw was an 021, it's still going 20 years later...

Looked at a big weed whacker too, 'it won't start, can you check the spark plug'...spark plug reasonable, hmm...let's look in the gas tank (empty) pulled out fuel line (couldn't see any filter on the end) fuel hose disintegrated, and yes, there is the filter rattling around loose on the bottom, nasty yellow colour. It sat for ages with old gas in it... $20 to tell them the Chinese cheapo was not going to run any time soon. Where would I even start to look for parts!!

I had a pair of little 021's as my first "aloft" saws...'bout a hundred years ago :). They both worked just fine, as a matter of fact. Though my memory of all the exact details might be missing a few chapters. Seems I was adjusting carbs often, now that I ruminate on it :D.

Two hrs. in my neighbour's tree (total from arrival to departure)...no clean up $150...how's that sound?

It's so subjective...

Right off the bat, I shoot for 100 per, at the least.

But, a friend/neighbor...

;)

Geesh mate...chipping by hand! Your hands must be sharp edged ninja hands...can you alternate with your feet? :lol:

I picked up a nice gig yesterday, a large private school campus. Lots of trees to tend to as and when they need it. Management Plan already in place, and they will hire and collect machinery and have their gardeners work with us.

I can use my feet but only if I haven't cut my toenails for a month. Like a katana I tell you.

Making a few $$ change repairing saws too.

Latest is a little Stihl 021...people bought it for $50 at a garage sale...parts and labour to get it back to ok will be around $200
New bar (bent and burred bad on one side , prob never been turned) 14" GB bar and chain combo $56 AUD, pretty good I thought.
New drive sprocket (seriously worn out)
Needle bearing (destroyed)
Starter pawl (worn)
Side cover with chain catcher (plastic chain catcher gone)
Air filter (old one...well, guess)

Very lucky to have an on-line aftermarket parts supplier in state, free postage...parts are ordered and on the way :)
But IMO, a good little saw for a homeowner when it's going ok. Apparently it does run, they cut up a tree (showed me the bits) the week before they dropped it off to 'have it sharpened!'

It was filthy on the starter side too, I bet the original owner never took the starter cover off to clean it
My first chainsaw was an 021, it's still going 20 years later...

Looked at a big weed whacker too, 'it won't start, can you check the spark plug'...spark plug reasonable, hmm...let's look in the gas tank (empty) pulled out fuel line (couldn't see any filter on the end) fuel hose disintegrated, and yes, there is the filter rattling around loose on the bottom, nasty yellow colour. It sat for ages with old gas in it... $20 to tell them the Chinese cheapo was not going to run any time soon. Where would I even start to look for parts!!
You might have another side business repairing two strokers after tree work.

Back