How'd it go today?

I'm still sick like the dog. Day five I think? Ridiculous.

I've read now that most flus take 7-10 days. Let me tell yah I'm counting them down.

Did a bunch of sanding this morning and have to go out again tonight and tomorrow morning, I'm not really looking forward to it much. I've got one guy pushing me hard to clean his chimney before New Years otherwise apparently I'm throwing a damper on his festivities. Guy called me two days before Christmas. Lol. I feel like going to do it and leaving flu germs everywhere. No honestly I don't feel like going to do it and I don't even know if I could.

Go to the doc and see if he can give you a shot or something!!!

To late now. Apparently there is some sort of shot they'll give you within the first 24-48hrs but for me now it's just tough it out. I've been taking lots of healthy vitamins and stuff. I avoid the cold/flu medicines that mask the symptoms. I don't feel that helps your body heal. I'm getting lots of rest and drinking lots of water.

I'll be alright. I'm just whiny.

Don't skip the electrolytes. Not sure if you can get hyponatremia from the shits.....but it's bad.

Just got home from town. Lined up a baby sitter for the two older kids and grandma took Daniel boy.

Went out with three friends that help us during the year. Kind of a Conrad Inc. Christmas party.

Second time in one year when me and La Wife-a have been out with no kids.

She really enjoys that......I think about the kids the whole time.

Shopping, picking up some saws from the repairers, priced a job, bought some flowers for our anniversary.

Now in front of the wood burner, telly on, about to open the champers.

one of he first symptoms of hyponatremia is confusion. having the shits depletes a bunch of different electrolytes

pedialyte of emergencyC can help. Skip the sanding. Sleep

No skipping out here. I wouldn't be able to sleep even if I did. I am going to cautiously say that I've turned the corner. Gotta get some more wood processed (split down further) and moved over to the house today, we got some chilly weather coming. Then it looks like it's going to snow today/tonight so I'll be to bed early.

Hopefully you're getting some sleep right now but rest up Squish.

They announced the official beginning of winter today at the shop when I showed up for work on a Saturday:/: I didn't really want to but it was my choice. Had my truck parked down by the lake and didn't think The property owner would appreciate it being there all next week while we did our safety training stuff. We had the wood rigged down by lunch (which no one ate) and the semi wrecker showed up right on time to winch me up out of there. All part of the plan by the way. The firewood was loaded on trailers for the homeowners friends as bid. All the big wood was left close to the road so it can be loaded next week sometime by them. Only real set back was my fault. I let the youngster cut the notch on the 62" spar. Let's just say he needs some practice on double cutting. By the time I fixed it the COG was well undermined. Landed good and didn't roll into the lake. Didn't plan on a 10 hour day but what a way to end the year. Boss handed us each $100 cash bonus for getting it done and told us he's buying our lunch Tuesday. It turned into a great day!

Wow that's some planning, getting a wrecker to pull you out once the tree work is done, nice!

Sounds like you know how to exercise some patience while he learns, Rich...good for you...and him. 62" is a hell of a tree to me. Double cutting...definitely a challenge for me; I suspect others, too.

Sounds like a great end to the year Rich.

I'm three hours into our new year and about to head out the door into 3-4"s of fresh powder! Unfortunately just to push it around into piles. Lol. Hope everyone is having a great start to the year.

Where I live we have not had a snow accumulation over 5 inches which didn't stay long before it warmed up and melted .

New years eve,went to dinner with friends didn't drink a drop.I refuse to be a reason for the Ohio State highway patrol to justify overtime.

Split firewood....It was long overdue.

speaking of....Im thinking about replacing the engine on my splitter. It a 26ton yard machine. Briggs engine I think. How do I determine the correct shaft length?
It would be nice to remove the old one and bolt up new one at same time.

Small engines have come so far in recent years I wouldn't pay more for a Honda if it were me. I've had tremendous luck as have others I know with the newer 'Honda knockoffs'.

I agree with Justin. I've had a few friends buy those predator engines from harbor freight for their toys and have had great luck.

Great day. 8 hours of first aid and CPR. The class was well presented. I've got 7 guys who are gonna be a bit upset tomorrow when they get asked to tell someone what certain situations will need. I bet that no one thought these training days would cross over each other. Tomorrow is chipper, stump grinder, and part one of chain saw safety. Cross reference to first aid. Should be a fun day.

Good plan Rich! Early intervention is often the only chance someone has got.

I spent most of the day reading my EMT text book. Have seven more chapters to read before Saturday.

Most of it is the same as the EMR text book I have, just more detail. The only thing that bothers me is the anatomy part. We have to spend hours learning all the words. like distal, proximal, anterior, posterior, blah, blah, blah........

In my years on the ambulance, I have never heard anyone use those terms, never in the ER either. Oh well.

I agree with Justin. I've had a few friends buy those predator engines from harbor freight for their toys and have had great luck.

Great day. 8 hours of first aid and CPR. The class was well presented. I've got 7 guys who are gonna be a bit upset tomorrow when they get asked to tell someone what certain situations will need. I bet that no one thought these training days would cross over each other. Tomorrow is chipper, stump grinder, and part one of chain saw safety. Cross reference to first aid. Should be a fun day.

Rich, I think that is great of your company to invest in it's employees.

Good plan Rich! Early intervention is often the only chance someone has got.

I spent most of the day reading my EMT text book. Have seven more chapters to read before Saturday.

Most of it is the same as the EMR text book I have, just more detail. The only thing that bothers me is the anatomy part. We have to spend hours learning all the words. like distal, proximal, anterior, posterior, blah, blah, blah........

Smart guy like yourself, those words are cake. Potentially interesting too.

Back