How'd it go today?

We started our Fir felling job today.

Best day I've had in the woods for a long while.

Fine weather, excellent trees.
We were running around grinning like gargoyles all day, it was so good.

Sure felt good to kill some conifers after only doing hardwoods since forever.

Finished the job in 3 days.
We are one happy bunch of tree fellers now.

That was the best job in quite some time.

The forestry school send a class out to watch us working.

Those kids were really impressed.

Good experience for them, as you don't see manual felling of conifers very often any more.

We've been offered another section to cut later and a serious amount of large Doug fir, too.

Life is good.

Not much fun in my world. Cut up firewood for a custy who had a bunch of ash down. Did some changes to my milling saw and mill so gave it a run in some sugar maple at a buddy's place, hit 3 nails of course, and got a suitable little trailer that I can make a solar/dehumidifier type kiln out of!

20180126_095005.jpg

Log was 30inch wide and 8.5ft long, had to fill the tank 7/8 way through the board on the 066. 20 minute cut time.

:thumbup: Stig.

I was telling my FT employee, Firle, about the crank on your mill. He's done a lot of juniper milling.

The bandsaw mill Firle was trying to buy, blew up, so to speak, so that's off the table.

Did some cleaning, drying, sharpening today. Indoor work day. Feels good to be organized better.

Firle always has a story. Today, he was an underwear model, using a pseudonym, for 1 Structure clothing ad, in Oklahoma, back in the day, getting the gig as he was dating the store manager, or something.

Glad to hear it Stig.

Were about out of a shithole hardwood patch, and back into the fir. If ya get anxious to cut some red fir come on over...

Power went off at 6:30 this morning.

Did not come on till 10:30.

Only two of us out.

All my shit is now froze up.

Will try to get the water going in the morning.

Put a milk house heater in the well pit. Piled up straw on everything.

I would not have thought it would have taken so long to restore power.

I was gone feeding......shoulda started the generator.

Oh that’s sucks Jim! I hope you get everything thawed out ok.

I just brought home 380 lbs of beef. I will probably have a meat hangover in the morning...

Nice Shawn! That should get you through the week any way.

It would be nice during winter Butch.

We had not had a wreck like this for a while and I was just not on the stick this morning.

Usually I would be out the door and preparing for the pipes to freeze.

Wind chill is zero today and the well house was cold.

JO0UMV8.jpg

Back