How'd it go today?

Here's mine.
1a5a34baf75c10fefb2d8b408041197d.jpg

My employee is an experienced turner and miller. Should open up some opportunities! He is 'jonesing' to start up my ShopSmith and show me what's possible. Probably next week.:)

It's fun to make stuff for gifts or around the house with the spoils of work.

The wood turning and lathe seems fascinating.

I've been dorking with slabs for awhile now.

Wife called me just before noon to let me know that the minivan made a loud bang and won't go anywhere. I'm hoping that something let lose on the axle I just paid to have replaced and not the transmission. I'm kinda pissed off and going out to clean out my Tahoe so we can fit the family in it again till the mini gets fixed. I'm also gonna stomp around angrily tossing firewood into a stack for a few hours. Grrrr.

Its always something Rich. Sorry about your car.

I have been on the phone a few times this week with New York City. Getting a re-manufactured steering column for my older feed pickup.

Caught me off guard at first, they sound just like you see on TV!

I guess I sound funny to them.

If you guys have seen my farmin series(TM) of videos on the Internet you know what I sound like. Seems normal to me.

Well they just called and a snap ring broke allowing the axle to slide out. All cost are covered plus a bit for the inconvenience or just to try and keep my business. Either way, I'm a bit relieved

I had a hard time keeping up.

What's new? :P

Glad it's getting covered for you Rich.

Just more recording and listening to mixes today. The guy in the UK who is doing the mixing & guitar work is really good at what he does, but doesn't quite understand our hillbilly mountain type music. :lol:

Hopefully by sunrise I should have all my fiddle tracks cut and uploaded.

I spoke load and slowly to a stihl rep the other day. I was at the dealer trying to understand why I was waiting two weeks to get my parts. New policies doubled the order size for the dealer to get the shipping breaks. Of course I was also in a fairly bad mood because the tech showed me the scoring in my cylinder on my 461. Time for a rebuild

I'm sure if I was a man of Jim's stature, my opinion would be taken more seriously.

Air leak Rich? What smoked the 461? Just curious.

12 Degrees and work tomorrow. Going to piece out these two (well, one) birch and that sad little maple in the back.

15978290_1247603068608965_873394033_n.jpg

I'll try and catch some video, just cause. . .

Sam, I dont envy anyone working in that kind of snow and cold. Take care man. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr......
Finally back to work yesterday.. Working through the weekend to make up for lost revenue.
Rob is off milling. SO it will just be Mike and I with a loader op. Think I will just go make a mess and a big ass burn pile today.

Because the combine has lights.

Just kidding, actually you just go when you can. If the evening is dry, you just keep cutting until you cant stand it.

Usually the dew sets in or the humidity risies and the crop gets too tough, so you quit.

Interesting. It amazes me that some of them can drive themselves.

Do you think you'll ever have one of those rigs?

Boy, I doubt it Butch. Well, never say never but no way could I afford a fancier combine right now.

You cant always cut at night, even if the crop is dry enough. If the crop is short and you have poor visibility you should shut down when you cant see.

Picking up a rock is veeeeeeeery bad.

A rock in the chipper sucks. You replace blades. A rock with a combine and dry crops is bad news. One hell of a grass fire plus a whole bunch of fuel in the combine. Plus all the oils and diesel fuel

Back