How'd it go today?

It makes me feel old that I'm so weirded out by those things.

I can see in the future them buzzing all over the place. No need to go out for a drive or walk in the country just send the drone! Stream it in HD on the big Screen! Kickback on the couch.

This is the first time I've seen any of that drone action around my place. But it just struck me as rather invasive seeming. It brought my cackles up in an instant. Didn't help his cause that he was parked and standing in a really stupid sort blind spot on the crest of the hill. Weirdo. Clueless.

Page when you say 'it broke' when you were trying to figure out what to do do you mean the tree just broke and flipped off the line and there was no damage? Or was there some carnage?

And Sean when you have more time I'd be curious on the story on your disaster cleanup too.

Good story, Squish.:thumbup:

Its 'hackles' not 'cackles' btw.

Ok speaking of anger: today around 5.30 pm I was wrapping up a job, truck and stumper/trailer were parked in the street and I was fiddling with them. I looked up and a mailman was walking nearby, I gave him a basic nod and smile and wasn't sure but thought he gave me back a dirty look. I got pissed but in the next moment I said to myself let me do the good thing for humanity and turn the other cheek. He got closer (about 8' away) and I said 'hey hows it going?' No response. Like he hadn't heard me. So I immediately said it again and a bit louder while he was still close.'how you doing?' No response whatsoever. And btw he wasn't wearing ear buds or anything that would make me inaudible.

Ok so I figured perhaps this guy oughta be crushed or maybe he's having an epically bad day. I don't GAS about the whole thing, its laughable. My question to y'all is should I report his behavior to USPS perhaps to head off an incident of him 'going postal?'

I mean somebody says 6' away with no other people nearby, hey how you doing, and this guy keeps his eyes locked forward, jaw clenched and doesn't respond. That's pretty weird!

Lol, cackles. I've been spending to much time with my chickens.

That is a weird story but I wouldn't bother reporting him. That's escalating it IMO, to mess with a guys job. Weirdos get my goat too though. Like f-ck man, give your head a shake so I don't feel like doing it for you!:D

When I hear a drone over our place I get irritated too. We are in a small very pretty village so sometimes the real estate people use them for taking pictures of houses for sale.
I dunno, it just seems...I dunno...I don't like it if I don't know who or why its up there.

In Bermuda if you don't 'speak' when walking past someone or entering a room it is considered bad manners. A nod, a 'good morning or afternoon', hello...you have to say something!

I consider it rude to not acknowledge or be acknowledged. Common courtesy is well just that. Everyone should be eligible for it until they forfeit their right to it by being an ass.

Drones. I never saw it so much as a bother until today when I saw my first one buzzing around here. This could turn into a sh-tshow if those things start turning up randomly much. Honestly I get irritated by the hobby pilots around here too. A real popular flying area, but atleast most of them observe a minimum height of 500' I think?

I guess either I'm very fortunate, lucky, or dense as a post...but so far I have never seen a free flying drone anywhere around my home or anywhere else either.

And the youtube might also include vid of naked B with waxed 'stache loading his 12 gauge Bernelli Silver Hawk side by side with #5 magnums...and pointing two large black holes at said micro-aircraft. Can a drone say "oh, shit"? :lol:

I hit far more often than I miss with that pretty firearm...just sayin' :/:.

Interesting to see those two together. Pretty much the same automobile with 60 year of developement between them.

What year is the XK 120, Mich?

Well, older than me, anyway.

Found this on youtube, Stig. Found it in query for the Jaguar 120, exceeded my hopes. Fun to watch...at about 1:12 the 120 makes a short appearance.

Not a whit of difference between my 2000 XKR and the 1998 in the vid, btw. My BRG looks identical to the blue model in the line shown, right down to the double five 18 inch rims.

Catch this part? From 140 mph to 155 mph (computer limited...if you undo that business, a 2000 XKR like mine will top out at just under 195 mph, or so I am told :)), the XKR beats the naturally aspirated XK8 by effin' 50 seconds! Now I don't get to those speeds ever, frankly. But from somewhere in the low 60's to somewhere in the high 100teens, it will flat roll your eyes back :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgzSS2fKp7k

Just wait 10, 20, 30 years...

You'll order a drone taxi to pick you up.

Better safe operating stats than a human...

We don't even know yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xGi6j2VrL0o?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

True dat, my friend.

In the meantime, I'm putting this Jaguar on the roads like there is no tomorrow. Hell, I'm getting 92 octane at less than $2.80 a gallon right now. Sweet! Who cares if I only get 17 mpg...if I lay off the supercharger. Get on the throttle much, 14 is more likely :).

It'll run gentle grade highways at 60-70 mph and turn in low 20's mpg all day long..but where's the fun it that, and a supercharged tiny-block V-8 is all about the fun, I'm sayin'.
:D

Those were fun to watch, Burnham.
The XK 120 was a major achievement for Jaguar.
One they have followed up on regularly over the years.
I can just imagine how much fun yours is, on the twisies around Mt. Hood.
As for top speed, that is something the young kids brag about, but rarely use.
I get that a lot with motorcycles. Someone will go on and on about how fast his/her bike can go, until I ask when the last time they actually let it do so was.
The little Honda VFR I bought last year will do 260 km/hr.
I took it out on the freeway an early sunday morning and verified that,did my little worship of the God of speed while all the other motorists were at church worshipping a more boring version of God.

But that was the only time it ever got to run that fast.
I rarely go over 200 and actually only do so, when I feel the need to show some idiot in an Audi his place in the food chain.
40-100 is where all the fun is.

We will be doing a company trip to the Swiss Alps this summer, on bikes.
Going through Germany on those wonderful Autobahns with those wonderful German drivers, I'll be doing 200 all the way ( And be totally worn out by the time I arrive, 200 KM/hr takes a lot of concentratuion)

I sold the Honda BTW.
It was a fun bike, but really uncomfortable to ride for someone my height.
Buy motorcycles in fall and sell them in spring, they say here.
Paid 25000 kr. for it and sold it for 26000:D

Back