How'd it go today?

I watched yesterday as a ash tree was being felled in the woods. It clipped a hickory tree and broke it at the base. The hickory fell into a poplar and broke it at the base. The poplar fell into another poplar and got hung up. These are all 100' trees. The ash was 120'. The poplar got hung up over the power lines. As we rushed to figure out what to do it broke. 20170509_090928.jpg
It was like a cartoon watching trees domino like that. The sound was amazing. We were working maybe 300 plus feet from the road. Crazy!

It's amazing how much play those lines have. . .

Mounted the new wheel on the grinder tonight. Couldn't wait. I'll have to forego a meaningful comparison with the standard Vermeer setup. Took awhile to persuade the lower bearing collar to let go of it's death grip on the shaft. haha

Nice and smooth just spinning in the garage. 8)

18425801_1366212130081391_754768959_n.jpg

18424784_1366213533414584_710718125_n.jpg

18424638_1366212153414722_1347871336_n.jpg

ETA: They should include the ginormous hex wrench in the kit. . . Who the hell has one of those just laying around? haha

Wow. Quite the tree carnage Sean and Page.

Well I just got back from sweeping soot today and some jack leg is flying a drone around my neighbours property and probably mine too at some point. Wtf? I took his plate down and told him to f-cking beat it. I let him know I took the plate down so if anything goes missing from mine or my neighbours properties in the forseeable future he'll probably be getting a follow up.

Piss me right off. By law be damned regarding firearm discharge in my area. I'll be unleashing the scattergun if I see one of those f-cking things buzzing my yard.

Don't worry. I've calmed myself again. Lol.

Ahhh anger issues they say. Hardly. Shrek philosophy all the way for me. Better out than in.

I hate being told I have anger issues. They have it all backwards. When someone pisses you off and you don't get angry that's an issue IMO.

Had not thought about someone casing the joint with a drone...could be setting you up for a burglary.

I'd use at least #6 shot or larger...depends on height he is buzzing at.

Had not thought about someone casing the joint with a drone...could be setting you up for a burglary.

I'd use at least #6 shot or larger...depends on height he is buzzing at.

I will keep your advice in mind if it becomes persistent.

Could very well just be an innocent idiot. Regardless I can't recall the exact height, but for us there's ownership of the air above your property to a certain ceiling. I recall it's mainly so hobby flyers can't be buzzing your place in planes, ultralights, hangliders, paragliders, and I would assume drones!

I purchased a 250m driveway for a reason. I like my privacy.

I get that flying over fields could be a good place to practice with a drone. But if that's the case come ask first. Then you'll now ahead of time that I'm not interested in having it.

It was a odd setup. Guy around my age, maybe a bit older or atleast wearing the years more poorly. But barely pulled off the road, hatchback up and flying staring at his little screen to beat the band standing on the road. Now my road ain't busy, but it isn't a dead end or nothing. The whole thing was just weird, had my spidey sense tingling.

No discharge laws around me ( if you do it in the middle of the night you get a friendly visit) so I'd shot it down. My neighbor got one and he even came down to ask permission to fly it over my property. He also lets my wife and I know if he's gonna be out playing with it.

Back