How'd it go today?

I've done some snowmobiling. Expensive sport to be involved in. Guys go nuts about it here. I'd like to have a small cheaper machine to tool around my place. Would be fun, but seems like it'd grow old if I wasn't hauling it to the mountains. That gets expensive in a hurry, fuel/time and capable machine.

Sounds about right, $600 us. I'm researching clutches and would go to a single mass if I tear it open. Hoping it might limp along. Lots of snow in the forecast this week. we'll see. I'm thinking I should get a clutch kit though to atleast have on hand.

I've been researching they can take stuff out. Like the tranny case. :(

Maybe it'll be fine for the rest of the season? Sure would be nice to make a project of it. End of March/April sort of thing. Sounds easier taking a few days to do it and go through everything.

Expecting a heat wave tomorrow...32c.

I'm back in Sydney again helping my sister to move. 45C on the back porch yesterday at 2pm when I gave in. Broke the record at Penrith for the hottest day, about 20 miles west.

Bit cooler today, 40C top. Got finished and she's gone. Had a little storm about 6 and it's a bit cooler, beer time now.

I'll take -50f over 45c any day you can add more layers to keep warm but you can't get any less naked. There dozens of ways to keep warm not so many to keep cool.

We can learn a lot from our Russian friends.

Must be why I am so practical.......have a little Russian blood in me you know......

Ok, let's see, Russian blood (they're a different breed of white people), Inuit blood... don't you have any wimpy blood in you? No Danish?

Keep us informed.

I put a few hours on it earlier this morning. It held together. Seems like I have more drivetrain lash than I did? I could be going mental though. I pulled that same hill and it seemed almost like it was a little grabby by the end of it, shortly after the hill I plow a private gated community so start doing some back and forth right away.

I'm unsure of what to think? Exhausted and more snow in the forecast still and snowing lightly right now. Looks like by Thursday/Friday there is some relief in sight. I'll see how it goes the next couple of days.

day 4 of cold....with fever......might be the gall dang flu. still up and about though.

kids out of school today for the THREAT of freezing rain.....lol....38 right now , warmest its been in two weeks.

That is a light that was attached to the tree and the tree ate it. So rather than take a Sawzall to the thing, let the fire separate them. I use a weed torch to light the fires with propane. Keeps the nasty oil and gas out of our little run off and out of neighboring ponds.

Makes sense Stephen. I was wondering what was going on there.

Damn John, hope you feel better soon. THreat of freezing rain. That's like here, get three inches of snow and it's a full blown snowfall warning and everyone is losing their sh-t. I blame it on the media. Everything has gotta be 'sensational'!

Damn John, I hope you feel better soon.
Justin, that oak was a crane removal over and next to an old shop. There was metal all down through that tree from 20' down. I would scan it quick with the metal detector wand to find a place to cut it. Power, phone, lights, cable....fencing. damn thing.
A neighbor stopped by while I was lighting it. Was like, he'll man, can I have that oak?
I told him sure! I hope you have a lot of chain! He passed.

Well, the coyotes are up four to one now.

Decided to try my hand at calling in coyotes this afternoon.

In about 10 minutes I had a big pale coyote in to 100 yards.

Sitting on my ass in the snow...nothing to rest on.

I settled the crosshairs as best I could....closed my eyes and jerked the trigger!

Fak!!!

Back