How'd it go today?

I agree. I’ve been renting mine to my boss for two weeks now ( wth me running it) and the mechanic just got to see it in action. He wants to know why the boss doesn’t own 3 or 4 of them. He was really interested in the bmg. He’s gonna check on the ful size skid loader grapples. Oh well back to the hard work of forwarding material to the chipper.

Getting some snow. Yesterday and today. Maybe more tomorrow.

Going to cool off too, be about zero for Christmas day.

Having a pretty fair day. Got some stuff ready for the storm.

Right now Daniel boy and I are peeling an orange we bought from town. Really good one.....hardly ever get a good orange up here.

House is dark, except for the movie on TV, and the Christmas lights. Kids are happy.

I have a 12 pack of Banquet beer cooling off in the fridge, a new half gallon of Jack Daniels and the last of my Wild Turkey in my glass.

Cupboards are full of food and more snow is coming. Pretty fair day!

IMG_20171219_155304659.jpg IMG_20171219_123238326.jpg

Bro's bearded dragon jockey-ing on the dog. IMG_20171219_135930328.jpg

Stig, do you recognize game?
DIY Klask by a friend.
Probably not used to seeing a Mayan design. ��

IMG_20171217_150055223.jpg

Raised and dead wooded about 150 pines in a grove we maintain yesterday. All chipped, and game changed to dropping dead nasties after brushing them out off a steep slope. Just bundled the cut brush and yarded the bundles with the mini up the slope.
Feel a tad abused by myself. Should be able to burn in the rain tomorrow, will be a good break.

Bob's made his fresh batch of Egg Nog...they don't do eggnog in Australia like we do up on the other side of the planet. Can't find any good store versions either.
2 dozen eggs, 3 litres of cream, 2 litres of whole milk, sugar, nutmeg and a dash of sherry and a splash of port...YUM YUM, cholesterol bomb but hey it's Christmas.
He's done it for about three years here now, we bring it along to gatherings and it has become an annual hit. He gets asked each year now if he's making it!

I agree. I’ve been renting mine to my boss for two weeks now ( wth me running it) and the mechanic just got to see it in action. He wants to know why the boss doesn’t own 3 or 4 of them. He was really interested in the bmg. He’s gonna check on the ful size skid loader grapples. Oh well back to the hard work of forwarding material to the chipper.

Days I have to chip by hand I get cranky. But I bought a chipper with a winch so I have back up. :D

Bob's made his fresh batch of Egg Nog...they don't do eggnog in Australia like we do up on the other side of the planet. Can't find any good store versions either.
2 dozen eggs, 3 litres of cream, 2 litres of whole milk, sugar, nutmeg and a dash of sherry and a splash of port...YUM YUM, cholesterol bomb but hey it's Christmas.
He's done it for about three years here now, we bring it along to gatherings and it has become an annual hit. He gets asked each year now if he's making it!

Mmmm, eggnog is good :)

Lol my grandmother used to make homemade eggnog too, had so much beam and captain (I think that's what she used to use) in it that you could treat wounds with it :lol: everyone in the family, all ages were allowed a glass. Don't think you could do that anymore without cps showing up hahahahahaha

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N9Z5Ti9OEH4" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lordy ya can't beat the Beverly Hillbillies w/ a damn stick!!8)

Feeling decent tonight. I put a good bit of bar tab on the company since it was out Christmas party. Not as much as others but I can?t just show up tomorrow. I have to perform. Large oak that lost its top but has a 30? x 18? diameter hanger left. Hanger is resting on a lower branch and there is a severe crack running down to said branch. Not the worst to deal with but not a job to have a pounding head on. Bitch of it is I really need an easy peasey job to demo something. I?ll be doing some more low and slow tomorrow night I guess.starts with an A and ends with an O. ;)

Classic. I had a high end GC recently ask if our day rate was “around $200/day?” Yes sir, that’ll cover my 4 employees and 100k of equipment sitting at your lot clear!

Back