How'd it go today?

Water's on 8) . Minimal damage one little repair on the waterline and my pump seems a little slower probably damaged the impeller so time will tell. But all works and the family is happy:) .

Good deal! Sounds like your heater setup kept the lines from freezing and busting it up worse than it did. Glad you're back up and running again.

I had to grind the whole lawn today. somehow the stump got bigger since I removed the tree......

got to sit in a dentist chair for almost three hours today.

DURING WHICH..............from an initial bp reading of 121/80....after a shot of anesthetic (w/epinephrine) it shot up to 178/105. My entire body was pumping. Thought I was fading out for good. But, it passed.

Huisache removal 'cause it poops beans, Hackberry because it's "icky", and a small healthy oak that "doesn't compliment my designer's exterior plans".

The oak we scooped-up with the loader, brought her home for first aid, and she'll be in the ground at the new cemetary by Saturday.

For brotherhood and other assorted reasons, I too spent not just a while in the bathroom, with magnifying eye loupe and sewing needle earlier tonight, pricking out the little reminders that I need to wear gloves more often. Huisache is Mesquite with smaller, but sharper little prickies.

So far so good, today a developer rings up today needs 3 big willows down like now,err sorry mate you'll have to wait untill tomorrow and well lets just say i'm charging more than my usual rate lol..

4 days work nice..

Went out this morning and spent an hour cleaning up all my saws. I try to do it once or twice a week. The acid in the sawdust buildup can eat away at the magnesium cases so it pays to keep up on them. I'm enjoying the reduced noise from relocating the air compressor, I was able to listen to the radio while cleaning up the saws. It was a pleasant and relaxing hour.

I need to do the same thing with my air compressor... it drives me nuts!!! Waaaayyyy too loud for my little garage. Especially when I am runnin' air tools all day...:whine: I need to buy my own house so I can do that stuff like you did with yours Brian.

Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I enjoy working on my gear like that, but there's usually a funny smell in there, also. You know, fumes n shit...

Nuthin fancy, I used leftover scraps laying around. Most of which were warped, so it isn't real square. I think I'm gonna run up to HD today and pick up some sort of trim to hide the corners and a gallon of paint so it matches the shed.
(not shown, but there's a trap door to access the drain in the bottom of the tank)

The only fumes I get is when I eat Krystal's burgers for lunch. :bummed:

Didn't see anything I liked for trim at HD so I made my own by ripping cypress fence slats in half. Got the first coat of paint on it also. Including the $21 gallon of paint, I think I have almost $30 in it so far.
:D

Well I split and stacked another cord of hickory since about 12:30 pm EST.Not too bad for an old grandpappy type.

Anybody that has never worked with hickory,try to visualize a giant axe handle with roots on it.Gnarly stuff,to say the least.:(

Sounds like it probably burns nicely, though, which should be some consolation for the hassle.

I need to do the same thing with my air compressor... it drives me nuts!!! Waaaayyyy too loud for my little garage. Especially when I am runnin' air tools all day...:whine: I need to buy my own house so I can do that stuff like you did with yours Brian.

Gary
I have mine in a different outbuilding than my shop with a 1/2" PVC pipe underground to bring the air over, so I can barely hear it.

Noisey compresser,pshaw.I've got a five horse,2 stage hammering away,dumping to two 60 gallon tanks plus a homemade phase convertor that sounds like a threshing machine.

At times I think I should wear ear plugs in my own shop.:what:

First job this morning was at the office of this guy:
http://stevevaughn.com/Thumbs/pano1.htm
where we did some trimming on a couple sick oaks. Afterwards I was invited in and got to see some of his photography work which is fukkin incredible! The first picture I saw when I walked in was an 80" wide image of this sprawling oak tree-
http://stevevaughn.com/panoramics/671.htm
and the second one that caught my eye was this one-
http://stevevaughn.com/panoramics/881.htm

We chatted and looked around a bit and as we were leaving he gave me a small print of the oak and he gave DAve a small print of the oak on the water. They are about 18" wide and embossed on a plaque-type mounting, ready to hang on the wall. The larger ones are actually printed on stretched canvas and look almost like paintings. Frikkin neat! I thoroughly enjoyed it, the guy has some seriously good stuff.
8)

That is super cool man8) . I'd say that's a real compliment to your quality of work to have someone like that hire you to work on their trees. Way to go.

Back