How'd it go today?

No, no electric winch. I normally don't pull trees over like that. In fact I've never been a fan of pulling trees over with a truck because there's too many things that can go wrong. I don't like the risks.

Packing my camper & such and heading out to play groundie for Nick (timebertramp) for a day or two. It should be interesting...been a while.

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll have a few muscles reminding me they are there after totaling a ground saw around all day.

Jim, he's been very busy with a couple different businesses, fixing home to sell, buying another property, and wife & kids. I don't think he gets on the net much at all lately. We only talk about once a month anymore...

Will do. I'll see him tomorrow morning.

Finally all packed...now just wait an hour or so for rush hour to thin out a bit and I'll be off.

Found a nice little campground only ~5-10 minutes from Nic's place... 8)

I'm in the Vertical Rescue team with the SES here, just joined (only 5 members at one time and you get invited when there is a vacancy) right at the beginning of training, doing stretcher haulage systems...boy I'm glad I have half a clue about prussiks and Z rigs and knots and pulleys and hardware...very gear intensive, and proscribed to their way of doing things.
The chances of actually getting called out for a rescue are small, but the training is interesting.

Haven't been online much, but had to get on and beat fiddler to a post. Today was awesome, Davey came down to help on a city street tree job, we busted out a lot of it today. But turns out that he could only "watch" trees being climbed for so long, then he saddled up and blew apart a little hard maple lol had me a serious nostalgia moment there. Was so cool to see Davey on a job, saws ripping, trees falling, just the true making of a good time

Sorry to have been off the forum for so long, life is real crazy right now. Break downs, new jobs, and mentally stressed out to point that it puts me in a bad place sometimes. But who knows maybe there'll be a change coming

Good luck!

I had a few drinks last night after the fire meeting.

We were all pretty down, farm and ranch community.....been a tough year.

A fellow came in who had just gotten his wife pregnant for the 10th time. Not planned.

I says to the fellas after he left "if that sunofagun can smile....I reckon we can too!"

It lightened the mood for a bit at least!

Hope things turn around for you Nic.

Tenth time! No wonder he was drinking!

Shit will work itself out Nic. Glad you got Dave up in a tree. I think he's been itching for it.

Well I totaled my f250 the other day. Pulling a skid steer in the rain at the end of a long day and couldn't stop at a T intersection. I blasted through a brand new Denali and flew off the road 50' narrowly squeezing between a pole and church. Everyone is ok. But I'm in serious need of a new truck. Dodge 5500 or equivalent if anyone knows of one. it's been a he'll off a week. My other pickup just went into the shop and I snapped both tracks on the new dingo during a big crane job. I'm looking forward to winter this year

I think i broke something in my hand asst work today too.
A branch I was standing on broke and I basically punched the tree when I fell.

Hella run of luck on this page!!

10 kids, unplanned?? Sounds like a model citizen!! Modern technology and modern society allows that to occur, geez!

Back