How'd it go today?

We killed part of a minor forest of Norway spruce around a home today. Kept waiting for a couple of Green peace activists to come and chain themselves to a tree.
I don't know if there is a Norway spruce equivalent of " Crazy old cat lady", but if there is, she used to live there.
To make things even worse, she had then all topped about 15 years ago.
What a mess. I've honestly never seen anything like it.!

Fortunately the client wants to do the clean up himself, and rented our chipper for the weekend.

This is going to be an ongoing job, since they want to take some trees out , replant , wait a while and so on.

We dropped 13 today. Topped some and precision felled others.

Left an unspeakable mess for the homeowner and his family and the volunteers to deal with.
So just before leaving I told him that if they realized today that it was too much for them, I would come in tomorrow, cut it all up and direct the volunteers feeding the chipper.

Since that is weekend, it'll be non-taxable and go directly into the travel fund:)

TP 160

Last time we are buying TP.

Great chippers, locally made, so you can always count on getting the guy who designed it to help you out, when you call about a problem.
They've got great service, too.

But for some obscure reason, the factory can't figure out how to do a good anti rust treatment before they spray paint them.
This is my second one, and they end up looking like thrash after 3-4 years, even though we store them indoors.
I don't enjoy telling the guy who just rented it, that this pile of rust is what he paid for, even if it is mechanically sound.

So we'll most likely be going for the one you bought recently.

How well satisfied are you with it, after running it for a while?

Weren't you going travelling?

I was going to buy a Greenmech but was underwhelmed by its performance, so went for a Forst, which is good but has niggles.

They are a sort of copy of Jensen which is what I would get if I had my time again.

And yes, only to my sisters in the U.K.

But bought a new lowering rope, carbon fibre spikes, throw line, lowering ring and a few other bits at Honey Bros.

Ran out of fuel in my truck today for the second time in the 2 months I've owned it. Really starting to piss me off. It had a quarter tank when I checked it last night. Good thing I bought another 5 gallon can which I filled with diesel and put on the truck this week. Ran out in the middle of a 6 lane road pulling a trailer, so I was stuck in the middle of the road. Took about 20 minutes to get it running. I ended up having to cheat with a few splashes of mix gas on a rag held over the air intake, which got it fired off but also threw a P0068 code and put it into limp mode. We got it off the road into a parking lot where I cleared the code with my Livewire handheld and off we went.

I climbed in ashes today, on the side of a little field (almost bare) with two ponys. They were very happy with the limbs on the ground and made a feast with the leafs.
Downside, they tried constantly to come in the drop zone.

Ran out of fuel in my truck today for the second time in the 2 months I've owned it. Really starting to piss me off. It had a quarter tank when I checked it last night. Good thing I bought another 5 gallon can which I filled with diesel and put on the truck this week. Ran out in the middle of a 6 lane road pulling a trailer, so I was stuck in the middle of the road. Took about 20 minutes to get it running. I ended up having to cheat with a few splashes of mix gas on a rag held over the air intake, which got it fired off but also threw a P0068 code and put it into limp mode. We got it off the road into a parking lot where I cleared the code with my Livewire handheld and off we went.

Atleast you're squared away to look after it yourself. No tow bill and mechanic bill.:thumbup:

We got it off the road into a parking lot where I cleared the code with my Livewire handheld and off we went.

Ill bite. Whats up with the livewire. I googled it so have a fuzzy idea but still wondering. And you travel with it? Does it come into use often/regularly?

I bought an aftermarket tune for my truck when I deleted the EGR and catalytic converter so the truck would run properly without going into regeneration mode every hour. The Livewire is the handheld device that holds the tune. You plug it into the OBDII port and it can do various functions such as loading tunes, reading and clearing codes, datalogging, etc. I keep it in the glove box so it's always available when I need it.

This is the one I bought. It's called EFI Live, not Livewire. My bad.
http://www.anarchydieseltuning.com/store/p133/2007.5-2010_LMM Duramax_Autocal_Lite_Tuner.html

If you need to access the underside of your mini, I found it's easier to just put the machine on its side. 20170714_110856.jpg

Damn, Page!

Thanks, Brian.

I had the check engine light come on recently, took it to auto zone where they plugged it in and read the #5 glow plug was bad, I replaced it and the trouble light went out after a bit but the problem (weak starting) persists.

Would your device help my situation I wonder?

Page, I assume you right that thing and let the engine oil all drain back down into the pan before restarting it? Good way to blow your motor right there.

Cory, I don't know.

I use to run skiddys in some pretty crazy terrain when I lived in NC. Go figure I flip this thing over on mostly flat ground.

Working in the rain. Slid on plywood and hit the lip of driveway. At least it's easy to hop off. No damage but some scratches and embarrassment.

Mine always seemed surprising heavy when trying to right it. No harm no foul.

Fire action is going crazy in my province. A fire sparked up about 30min from me this aft/evening. Apparently quite agressive rank 3 fire and already taken multiple homes. My own home is very safe, surrounded by green fields and not dry forests. But still. I feel for the people in trouble. Ill offer up hay or boarding if there's a need for it, which seems there could be.

Yes it is.

I just hope people can smarten up a little. Thursday of this week I watched a old man in front of me on the highway toss a butt out the window. I just can't fathom how stupid and clueless you have to be to do that while there's tens of thousands of people on evacuation order. :whine:

About as stupid and clueless as you have to be to start smoking in the first place.

Finally I get back to the house, had used the tapatalk for a good while then a update and it went to crap. S till read some stuff but participate was a no go. Want to say hello to you all! Brian nice to see you back as well.

Back