How'd it go today?

Then the homeowners brought us a tray of Lattes. Later he apologized for the quality of the coffee bean.

Here's the new guy for scale.
2fc06ceb769b2c32c1294a6ba490c908.jpg

Having a sleep over at the present time.

Its my daughter's birthday. She turned 8! Hole-e-shit.

She has a friend sleeping over......first time.

I have EMT class all weekend, so I am going to miss all the fun.

I cooked New York strips and shrimp scampi.

I printed off a recepie, but lost it.

BIG ass shrimp, three pounds, minced garlic, butter, olive oil, salt, and white wine. I am a cooking genius!

You guys really have it rough out there. Sucks dealing with poor quality beans.:lol:

I have become a coffee and somewhat of a beer snob. I buy green coffee beans and roast them fresh once a week or so. I mix 1/2 Folgers or Maxwell House with the roasted beans to stretch them.

Green beans are $6/lb. but when you roast off the moisture it makes the price more like $7. Still not bad for a daily treat.

Congrats Page. Kids can keep you young or make you old!! My son had their first when he was 40.

Still raining.. Probably for the next week or two actually...
They were projecting flood waters at over 19 feet on the Merced River. That projection has gone down. Rain is pouring again. I imagine it will go back up. Yosemite and the river valley is screwed if the snow starts melting as well as it did in 96-97.
Right now, as I mentioned to Deva, Yosemite Valley is closed and evacuated. Hwy 140 is closed due to large rock slides. Where we were working, Saxton Creek over flowed (6' culvert) up onto the road. We are at minor flooding to moderate tonight.
pohc1_hg.png

http://www.water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=hnx&gage=pohc1

Road here is actually pretty good Jim. We have new roads up near our home up to it with all new drainage. Mostly have to watch for down trees one way to one hwy. Then rock slides the other way to the other hwy. Flooding in some spots, but mostly just enough to hydroplane if you are not driving safe speeds. Now, once you hit the hwy, either one, more mud and rock slides and cross road flooding.. So risky going out. Best have a saw in the truck or car as you will probably have a fallen tree in a road somewhere you might have to get through before the road department comes out. We are fortunate that there is an elderly home between us and the hwy on one side that the road dept and EMS crews make sure is clear of debris on the road for emergency services.
Pot holes are starting to happen on the hwy that will eat the front end of a car. Best have a truck and drive slow.
Just usual shit for California. Flooding after a drought cycle so that all the burnt trees and dirt and rock they used to hold can slide down hills.
Oh, next should be a good quake :|:
We got shook by one in Nevada last week.

Crazy Stephen. I hope things stay stable for you. Literally. What a worry with all those dead pines around. Some long dead, a bunch of erosion isn't going to help rotting root systems any. Be safe my friend.

Jim, way to go on the training. Any overall feel on how it's going so far?

I think its going pretty well. A lot of it is review from my EMR class, with the same basic fundamentals.

The nice part is that it is all familiar, just more detailed. In my EMR class I was not allowed to ask many questions at to "why".

Its different in this class.

Being able to ask questions is good. Good luck with the rest of it.

I'm up at 2:30 about to go plow a whack of snow. Always nice when that shift gets done, then I'll be doing a couple of chimneys this afternoon. Just a sucker for the punishment. Lol.

Have fun out there Justin.

I've been up recording bass tracks all night. 6am...think I'll catch a couple winks before I blow the snow out of the drives.

Dang Dave, I know of six am but I can't recall much before five am. That's nuts.

Went into work an hour early to go over some things with the boss and try to get both of us caught up on what the other has been up to. Told him he needs to take a few days to relax and prepare for my next list of equipment I believe we should be buying. Not major equipment, just upgrades and replacing things X 4 for all the crews to have the same gear. Let's just say if it gets approval I might add a couple of loop runners to hit a new high dollar amount just to mess with him. Then I sat my ass in the excavator for ten hours chipping trees on another county ditch job. Had two guys felling and they would've buried me if I didn't need them to drive trucks as well. Tomorrow I need to set the temporary bridge and go rip out the beaver dam and hut. The little critters were well on their way to creating a new lake. There is almost a six foot difference in water (ice) elevation from one side to the other. Oh well, off to bed.

I'll be curious about your beaver work. We have had miseries with them on our farm in S. GA. I've taken apart their dams before (with chainsaw) and they built it back in a day or two. The have created some (unwanted) great water habitat...and tunneled through dams and made horrific messes of things.

Back