How'd it go today?

Simple machines. Nice Willard.
Please excuse me if you've already answered this as I've been away for a bit. What are you doing back? I thought you vowed that you were done with the Internet. It's your game either way, I enjoyed your input.

Simple machines. Nice Willard.
Please excuse me if you've already answered this as I've been away for a bit. What are you doing back? I thought you vowed that you were done with the Internet. It's your game either way, I enjoyed your input.

Thanks Bud
I thought I was done too but winter off season rolls around and I couldn't restrain myself. :)

Another day of ROW clearing thru residential property. It snowed lightly all day. Just enough to be irritating. And after all the rain it was mud everywhere. All notch and drops today. Smaller stuff. Tomorrow gets back into stripping them out. I was just in a bad mood all day.

New cover is on the truck bed.8) I think I like the black better than the one that matched the truck color.
New one has two locks (other had one) and is removable...came with two hooks to install in garage for hanging it up.

"We have a saying down here that goes like this: Come on vacation, leave on probation. People just seem to loose their minds down here."

HAHAHA!

Sweet school project Willard!

I am doing bids today. Trying to keep my prices up even though my schedule isn't booked out.
1st bid: You can see my advice on the bottom of this bid sheet. Very difficult challenging work and I have been there before doing bids and never got anything.
About five minutes into it I knew I just wanted to leave but I was there for another 45 minutes. By the time I left, I kept my prices up and gave her some advice due to the fact that she seems terminally negative. I gave her a hug and I hope she never calls me again.

1d3ecf464d9e1eb44b1cd5ebe2f16e0a.jpg

2nd bid: fall tree on the right there. It's a dead Cottonwood. Has significant weight towards riparian zone. He needs it felled to the left opposite it's lean. Quite a drive out of town.
This is a guy who tells you,
"I was going to do it myself but...."
in a psychological effort to imply it is easy for me because he was almost to do it.
He has nosy neighbors who call the cops about everything. And he has been fined before for tampering with things in the riparian zone. Tree needs to be pulled hard out to the left there from a purchase point of at least halfway up.
It is easy for me, for $450. He said he would let me know after talking to the wife LOL.

b3ee9334b3fbd2b7100ea053e21e2142.jpg

Yeah, "I was going to do it myself but the wife won't let me/I don't have the gear/I'm too busy"

I forget which forum it was but somebody went to the van picked up the harness, rope and spikes, offered it to the client and said "go on then up you go"

I wish I had done that!

Love the science project, most of the world wouldn't have a clue.
Also love the August Halloweencostume, I can picture people answering the door, "Oh, you must be a lumberjack!" Must have made an impression on you that they made that costume up, good stuff.

Worked on the 450 some more yesterday and today, snapped 7 out of 8 bolts/studs for the passenger side manifold. Manifold is warped, now trying to find a local machine shop. Finished flushing the injectors and put them back in, picking up 3 new pushrods on my way to the in-laws in a few minutes. We found a place with the fitting for the driver side manifold for the egr, $160. :O Part of the fitting is still in the manifold, we cut pipe threads inside it and plugged it. Anything over weight class 4 doesn't get emissions, so the egr is outta here. So some projects are getting done, we have had no luck removing the broken studs/bolts for the manifold though. We started drilling the 2 that broke flush with the head, then called it a day, might get over there to work on it some more over the weekend.

In brighter news the business had enough money to pay the liability insurance for the year despite a very slow january and buying the 450. But I also found that the PS rack in the 4runner is shot (again, and it is a royal PIA to replace). Always something!!

dam woodslinger
always something to fix here too.
spings coming and the grass will be growing.cant get here fast enough..(for us lawn guys)

in a psychological effort to imply it is easy for me because he was almost to do it.

Of course, you're probably right here August, but I have found (this is solely my own experience) that very often when a (usually older) man makes this remark, he usually is wearing a good bit of shame in his countenance. It's as if he believes himself to have the technical and physical wherewithal to pull it off, but is just afraid to do so. In short, he feels the shame of cowardice which we have all felt in some arena or another.

The last time I heard it was a neighbour came over and wanted me to look at his tree, I said $50, he said he would give me the job for $40, I said see you later. Then he came out with the ladder, then he went back inside with the ladder- I was hoping he would allow me an opportunity to turn him down again:lol:

I'll blitz that job.....no worries

Keep us posted, hope it goes well and you get it on vid.

Below is the cool vid you linked earlier. When you were lowering the chunks, what was the cut you were using, kind of a mismatch cut (aka step cut) with a face? The mismatch keeps the piece in place while you stow your saw, and the face (aka box) lets you push it over easier?

Thanks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pUfWRjJaJXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe my 9 yr old daughter will take on some jobs one day.
She got her science project ready for school next week. I told her maybe you should call it "felling trees "..people might not click with falling trees ". She says "Dad, falling trees sounds more professional! "
Haha she's only in grade 3:D

Attachments

• 20160226_203122.jpg
    20160226_203122.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 35
Thanks Gary.
I told her that her school principal told me once that he paid for his education degrees in university from working with his dad logging in New Brunswick.
I reassured her he will totally agree " falling trees" sounds more professional :)

I told her maybe you should call it "felling trees "..people might not click with falling trees ". She says "Dad, falling trees sounds more professional! "

Oh, man, Williard.... That's the best thing I've heard in a long time. A school project to break your heart. She sounds like an absolute dear.

She is a sweetheart alright Jed.
But her twin sister has a different approach with her school project, she did it all on her own.
She wants to be a hotel owner when she grows up. Haha.

20160226_220541.jpg

Back