How'd it go today?

Less than a year til my SS checks kick in!!!

Did you give any thought to waiting to waiting till the later age(67?) to make more in the SS check?

Got some wood to cut and some learnin' needs done.

Omg, I coulda warned you, that is the lamest book ever. CODIT is a key concept and collar cuts are critical, but that guy can't write nor communicate to save his life, imo.

Two excellent purchases

Different strokes, etc etc

That's what I've heard, too... maybe not the 194 part.

If I was more financially stable I imagine I'd wait.

Alas...

Yes I agree with taking it early for all reasons mentioned above, plus many folks question how long SS will be solvent

Started on 2 maples today. One large branch out of each that was tearing up shingles every spring and a hackberry that came all he way down.
All 3 trees are garbage. Branches were awful once I got in them to check them out. The trees are on my dads place. Behind his neighbors house.
Nearly doing them for free but it got me out of xmas shopping so that's worth a ton lol.
4f241a5c083b32792bab8d13c0317bfa.jpg

fdb0236691e9c31a213d2a1a26254651.jpg

12fe9da50ff77d9141fbcab5c01d34c5.jpg

Luckily a nice big hickory behind and in the middle of all three gave me a great tip for all 3

saved by a neighbouring tree.
Been in a similar situation last couple...
Just monkey about and get it done.
Leaning buggers.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B9jsqhku3-k" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well there ya go! And here we were all worried about mortgage, and stuff. Life could be a bit easier if we just paid attantion to the essentials. Of course, living in a tropical place might make it even easier...

Yeah I thought big jim was saying he found a great new place to fuel up ;)

My though was, surely farming can't be going that bad!

We had a hell of a saturday.
I gave a price on taking two large spruces in a bad place ( Zip-line) and 6 medium birches that could , if one was a very precise faller, be felled.
Everything sawn to firewood lengths, no clean up.
Was told the customer had a way lower offer, said, use that then, and drove home.

2 days later he called, they had decided to use us: " Because we appeared to be more professional":lol:

Not a bad call, I think, nobody could have pulled it off at the price he was quoted.
He then asked if we'd do it without taxes, since that would bring our price nearer the other one ( Sales tax is a whopping 25% here).

We'll, the travelling fund needs fattening up, so we can all get back to California, so we went for it.

All went we'll, except he wanted 4 more trees taken down and was willing to pay for it.

So I ended up cutting birch trees to firewood with a headlamp on, while the others tried to make sure we didn't forget any gear in the total darkness.

The sun going down at 3.30 PM sure can wreck a working day.

Job paid for 3 plane ticket to Seqouia land for us and a good days pay for the guy who helped us.

All in all a fine day, even if it was a 13 hour one.

Back