How'd it go today?

Gary, Google " elevator bucket truck".

When the results show up, choose the Images tab. You'll see how really real buckets aren't exceptionally long, adding maneuverability.

Did it, Sean...thanks. I'd get kinda squirrelly up in some of those, too. My cousin was co-op-ing with a power crew while at GA Tech. He saw a pin fail on a bucket truck and the person in the bucket got killed. That always stuck in my head, him telling me about that.

Line guys are hard on buckets for some reason and a pin braking is a pretty rare thing. It's the older style with the cable in the knuckle that really scare me.

The elevator gives an extra ten feet of height. These trees we are working on are 85-100'. Nothing to big. I do a visual inspection of the truck every morning. Most days I'll fly a couple of full cycles from the lower controls. Time for me to do that now. Gotta get to work.

2 stump grinds in La salette this morning, while hooking up the grinder getting ready to leave I notice the rusty dif cover on my S10 is wet. Guess I have that to replace today. Stopped by my GF's place in Waterford and picked up some dif oil and a fresh tube of RTV at the autoparts store. I'm back in Brantford and it is hot out. RTV might cure today!

Walk away till tomorrow Peter. Get some rest and hopefully they come out easy in the morning. Sometimes you just need to let them sit overnight to give them a chance to surrender.

Good plan Levi and Rich. I'll try to weld a nut on it tomorrow. If things don't go right my GF will drive up here to get me after work and we are planning on truck shopping in the Delhi area, tabacco farmers trade in good trucks often for tax purposes I'm guessing. Her parent's got a truck just about a year ago, they say there are plenty in the 6 to 8G range

I've been using that mix since I read it here as well Sean, it does work great.

Little dump today from a job a couple weeks ago. Then to Princess auto to get a new set of extractors. Took the dump truck to an accounting firm to sign papers for tax return for the estate I'm taking care of, now I'm back at the shop to tackle the last damn bolt.

Had to put the A/C on in the truck at 8:30 this morning! Tried to get some maple logs from my dump site so I can mill them, somehow he had money into it for some reason.
20170922_092945.jpg

It's a perfect size for me. I get a chuckle when I'm parked in a lot full of expensive cars and I squeeze in between them.

Last bolt is out on the S10 dif, had to grind the washer off the head to get my extractor on enough. Gonna clean up the dif and RTV the new cover on.

I think I'm finally burned out on storm removals. Was supposed to do 4 today, an oak and 3 pines (3 separate properties). Got the oak done and said screw it. Ground guy has a sinus infection and I'm just flat out exhausted. Still have 6-8 phone calls I haven't even returned yet from the last few days, along with another 6-8 jobs to look at and bid.

Came home and played around with the new chipper for a couple hours reversing all the hydraulic hoses because the last guy had the controls set up backwards. Changed the hydraulic filter, sharpened the knives and then ordered some new knives from Bailey's. Need to clean up all the limbs in my yard and run them through the chipper to see how it works.

We went down to one of the Southern islands and helped a logger/arbo who had hurt his leg and couldn't climb, out.
Hauled ass and managed to do 3 ½ day jobs in one day.
3 big firs, the largest Black Locust I've ever seen here and a mid size maple, completely covered in ivy.

Completing all three in one day meant that the guy we were helping, will be able to make money off the jobs, too.

Super weather, we had fun together and managed to totally blow the guy's mind by piecing the 3 firs down in one hour.

It is fun to just kick it into complete overdrive once in a while.

Me in one tree, Richard in the other.............that means competiton.

I won, so he stayed on the ground while I did the 3rd one, and thereby won a ticket for the nasty, hollow locust.

That of couse meant that I had to do the ivy jungle.

Just can't win:lol:

Good one Stig!

TH posting brings money...$900 arrived Thursday! Apparently if you transfer after close of business on Friday, it takes till Thursday to land in the other account.

No idea how to make one.
Not much of an arborist anyway, most of the guys here would make me seem slow as a snail, I think.
Logging is where I shine.

I think you are a bit too modest, Stig. But then the really great tree guys rarely brag.

On another note, I think I found a nice little chip truck for my little chipper. A 2005 Isuzu NPR diesel. Only $6500 but it doesn't have a dump bed. A towing company owner I know has a used dump bed he will install for $2K. Here's the ad for the truck. I'm looking at it tomorrow.
https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-isuzu-npr-flatbed/6304531235.html

Back